|By Marketwired .||
|November 26, 2012 08:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/26/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Recognizing the innovative solutions and business achievements of its customers, Oracle today announced the recipients of its 2012 Engineering and Construction Industry Excellence Awards, presented at Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco.
- The awards recognize the achievements of an engineering and construction company from two distinct geographic regions:
- North America - Mortenson Construction
- Asia Pacific - CISDI Group
North America - Mortenson Construction
- Mortenson Construction, ranked 19th on Engineering News Record's Top 400 Contractors list, wanted to improve collaboration across diverse and geographically dispersed clients, project teams and design partners.
- Focused on this goal, Mortenson created ProjectConnect, a collaboration portal for the owner, construction manager, architect and subcontractors as part of Mortenson's integrated project delivery process. It is a browser and mobile-device-agnostic collaboration platform that provides 24/7 access to project content.
- The web-based tool -- built on Oracle Universal Content Management, Oracle Enterprise Single Sign On and Oracle WebCenter Portal -- provides team members, including asset owners, project managers, designers, engineers, contractors, and other project stakeholders, with convenient, but secure, real-time access to critical project documentation and applications.
- Using the portal, teams can access engineering documents, correspondence, change orders, revised plans, reports and other business-critical documents. Users also can seamlessly and securely share information to maintain clear visibility into project progress.
- The solution had to be intuitive to minimize internal training and decrease implementation time, while effectively leveraging project information management processes such as progress milestone tracking, subcontractor performance reporting, financial forecasting and other project performance metric tools.
- ProjectConnect is driving time savings across the organization and projects allowing project team members to work from any location and enabling them to retrieve, edit and upload revised documents to the portal while in the field. Further, instantaneous access to updated documents and plans through a single repository reduces version control issues and potential errors and rework.
- "The development of ProjectConnect was made possible by the excellent collaboration of the project team, industry-leading software tools, and Oracle's commitment to helping us develop a world-class product," said Cole Orndorff, vice president and chief information officer at Mortenson Construction.
Asia Pacific - CISDI Group
- CISDI Group, a China state-owned engineering company that offers consulting services, engineering design and comprehensive plant planning for the metallurgical industry, looked to expand its global reach, offer more online services to the engineering and construction industries and iron and steel customers and improve profit margins.
- The company used Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle ExaLogic as the foundation for "CISDI Cloud," which the group anticipates will drive significant improvements in internal business operations, design service availability and data security.
- Additionally, CISDI Group projects significant cost savings as a result of the implementation's centralized information technology operations.
- In the near future, the organization also will use the platform to offer public cloud services and host project management, supply chain, content management applications and CAE services on behalf of its clients around the globe.
- "The engineering and construction industry is facing a series of complex challenges, including pressure to build more quickly and efficiently, while improving profit margins and mitigating errors," said Scott Bartlett, director of engineering and construction industry strategy, Oracle. "Mortenson Construction and CISDI Group are leading the industry in realizing the next-generation of construction with Oracle's comprehensive solutions, which help organizations to enable new avenues for secure collaboration as well as project management."
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the engineering and construction industry, helping to speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) provides the most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems in the world. For more information about Oracle, visit oracle.com
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
May. 3, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 172
trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vice president of product management, IoT solutions at GlobalSign, will teach IoT developers how t...
May. 3, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 206
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
May. 3, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,244
A critical component of any IoT project is the back-end systems that capture data from remote IoT devices and structure it in a way to answer useful questions. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle large data sets, but they are not well suited to many IoT-scale products and the need for real-time insights. At Fuze, we have developed a backend platform as part of our mobility-oriented cloud service that uses Big Data-based approache...
May. 3, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 222
Increasing IoT connectivity is forcing enterprises to find elegant solutions to organize and visualize all incoming data from these connected devices with re-configurable dashboard widgets to effectively allow rapid decision-making for everything from immediate actions in tactical situations to strategic analysis and reporting. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Shikhir Singh, Senior Developer Relations Manager at Sencha, will discuss how to create HTML5 dashboards that interact with IoT devic...
May. 3, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,277
The increasing popularity of the Internet of Things necessitates that our physical and cognitive relationship with wearable technology will change rapidly in the near future. This advent means logging has become a thing of the past. Before, it was on us to track our own data, but now that data is automatically available. What does this mean for mHealth and the "connected" body? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Lisa Calkins, CEO and co-founder of Amadeus Consulting, will discuss the impact of wea...
May. 3, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 989
There is an ever-growing explosion of new devices that are connected to the Internet using “cloud” solutions. This rapid growth is creating a massive new demand for efficient access to data. And it’s not just about connecting to that data anymore. This new demand is bringing new issues and challenges and it is important for companies to scale for the coming growth. And with that scaling comes the need for greater security, gathering and data analysis, storage, connectivity and, of course, the...
May. 3, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,066
We’ve worked with dozens of early adopters across numerous industries and will debunk common misperceptions, which starts with understanding that many of the connected products we’ll use over the next 5 years are already products, they’re just not yet connected. With an IoT product, time-in-market provides much more essential feedback than ever before. Innovation comes from what you do with the data that the connected product provides in order to enhance the customer experience and optimize busi...
May. 3, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,165
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 3, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 654
The IETF draft standard for M2M certificates is a security solution specifically designed for the demanding needs of IoT/M2M applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Romansky, VP of Strategic Technology at TrustPoint Innovation, will explain how M2M certificates can efficiently enable confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity on highly constrained devices.
May. 3, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,056
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to massively disrupt IoT. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, AJ Abdallat, CEO of Beyond AI, will discuss what the five main drivers are in Artificial Intelligence that could shape the future of the Internet of Things. AJ Abdallat is CEO of Beyond AI. He has over 20 years of management experience in the fields of artificial intelligence, sensors, instruments, devices and software for telecommunications, life sciences, environmental monitoring, process...
May. 3, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,158
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Klein, CEO and Co-founder of Rachio, will discuss next generation communities that are using IoT to create more sustainable, intelligent communities. One example is Sterling Ranch, a 10,000 home development that – with the help of Siemens – will integrate IoT technology into the community to provide residents with energy and water savings as well as intelligent security. Everything from stop lights to sprinkler systems to building infrastructures will run ef...
May. 3, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,148
Digital payments using wearable devices such as smart watches, fitness trackers, and payment wristbands are an increasing area of focus for industry participants, and consumer acceptance from early trials and deployments has encouraged some of the biggest names in technology and banking to continue their push to drive growth in this nascent market. Wearable payment systems may utilize near field communication (NFC), radio frequency identification (RFID), or quick response (QR) codes and barcodes...
May. 3, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 937
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, will discuss how leveraging the Industrial Interne...
May. 3, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,182
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
May. 3, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,159
You deployed your app with the Bluemix PaaS and it's gaining some serious traction, so it's time to make some tweaks. Did you design your application in a way that it can scale in the cloud? Were you even thinking about the cloud when you built the app? If not, chances are your app is going to break. Check out this webcast to learn various techniques for designing applications that will scale successfully in Bluemix, for the confidence you need to take your apps to the next level and beyond.
May. 3, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,583
SYS-CON Events announced today that Peak 10, Inc., a national IT infrastructure and cloud services provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Peak 10 provides reliable, tailored data center and network services, cloud and managed services. Its solutions are designed to scale and adapt to customers’ changing business needs, enabling them to lower costs, improve performance and focus inter...
May. 3, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,352
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
May. 3, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,427
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
May. 3, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,084
SYS-CON Events announced today that Fusion, a leading provider of cloud services, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Fusion, a leading provider of integrated cloud solutions to small, medium and large businesses, is the industry's single source for the cloud. Fusion's advanced, proprietary cloud service platform enables the integration of leading edge solutions in the cloud, including cloud...
May. 2, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,684