|By PR Newswire||
|January 3, 2013 09:31 AM EST||
COLUMBIA, S.C., Jan. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Unitrends, the leading provider of all-in-one backup, archiving, instant recovery and disaster recovery solutions, today announced that the company experienced double digit revenue growth in 2012 – the best year in the company's 24-year history. Q4 2012 marked the company's 16th consecutive quarter of record growth, with 96% sales growth and 288% channel sales growth.
Unitrends achieved dramatic growth in Q4 and throughout 2012. Strong leadership, innovative and market-leading technologies, unrivaled customer support, aggressive competitive replacement programs and go-to-market initiatives all propelled the company to success. Highlights include:
- 96% growth in sales Q4 2012 over Q4 2011, and 88% growth 2012 over 2011.
- 288% growth in channel sales Q4 2012 over Q4 2011, and 104% growth 2012 over 2011.
- More than 390 new customers signed across industries, including banking, government, healthcare and higher education, in Q4 2012.
- Unrivaled customer support evidenced by the company's 98%-plus customer satisfaction rate. Attributing to this ranking is the fact that, on average, customer support phone calls are answered in three rings or less.
- More than 15,000 downloads of Unitrends Enterprise Backup Free Edition, the software-only version of the company's Recovery Series of physical appliances, since the solution launched in June 2012.
- Channel staff within Unitrends grew by 100% 2012 over 2011, and the number of channel representatives supporting Unitrends grew by 154% 2012 over 2011.
"Our explosive growth in 2012 is a direct reflection of our core belief that industry-changing technology innovations are but one part of a successful data protection solution," said Mike Coney, CEO of Unitrends. "Our partners and customers choose Unitrends because they know our products make easy, affordable, effective and reliable backup and disaster recovery a given, whether it's in a traditional data center, the cloud, a virtual environment that includes different hypervisors, or a combination of all three. And, perhaps most importantly, they know our employees are the best in the business and are always there to ensure their success. We gauge our own success on how well the IT professionals we serve sleep at night."
Technology and Innovation
In Q4, Unitrends continued to invest in the development of innovative unified data protection solutions that protect heterogeneous environments at the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) in the industry.
- Following its Sept. 2012 announcement that Unitrends Enterprise Backup is the industry's only native all-in-one Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012 Hyper-V® role and Hyper-V 2012 Server backup, archiving, instant recovery and disaster recovery virtual appliance, Unitrends also became the first vendor to support Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V and VMware® vSphere™ 5.1.
- In Q4, the company launched Unitrends Release 7.0, the next generation of Unitrends' virtual, physical and cloud backup and recovery solutions. More than 1,400 IT staff registered for a demo in mid-December showcasing the 7.0 release, which enhances data protection in virtualized and cloud environments and provides an expanded range of platform and enterprise application support. Innovative new features include:
- Hot-hot replication and retention for low recovery point objectives (RPOs) and recovery time objectives (RTOs)
- VMware SAN direct backup and recovery to reduce backup windows
- Application-aware VMware backups for enhanced host operating system (HOS)-level protection
- Oracle® and Microsoft Office SharePoint® support for native application protection – extending Unitrends' robust, feature-rich data backup and recovery functionality to even more enterprise-level applications
Additional Q4 Company Milestones
In addition to revenue, sales and product success, Unitrends also achieved the following milestones in Q4:
- Trade Up/Trade In Program Expansion – Following the success of its Symantec Backup Exec™ competitive replacement program earlier this year, Unitrends expanded its Trade Up/Trade In Program in Q4. The company offered up to a 50% discount to organizations switching from Veeam®, Barracuda and AppAssure® to a Unitrends backup solution by Dec. 31, 2012.
- Industry Recognition – In December, Unitrends was featured in the inaugural ranking of Inc. Magazine's Hire Power Awards, which recognized the private companies that have generated the most jobs from 2008 to 2011. Inc. placed Unitrends in the top five on its list of the top job creators in South Carolina and in the ninth spot in its list of Hire Power Award winners in the security industry, which included data protection. This recognition came only a few months after Unitrends earned a spot on the annual Inc. 500/5000 rankings in September. In October, Unitrends was honored with the "Advisor Award" at the fifth annual Spicies Awards hosted by Spiceworks. The award, voted on by IT professionals in the Spiceworks Community, was given to "the go-to resource for straight-talk, practical insight and the nitty-gritty technology details IT professionals need to do their jobs."
For more information on Unitrends and its enterprise-class data protection solutions for heterogeneous environments, please visit www.unitrends.com.
The trusted provider of all-in-one backup solutions, Unitrends enables its customers to focus on their business instead of backup. The company's family of scalable, all-in-one appliances and software solutions for backup, archiving, instant recovery and disaster recovery protects corporate data, over 100 different versions of servers, operating systems (including Windows, Hyper-V, VMware, Mac OS, Linux, AIX, Solaris and many others), SAN, NAS, hypervisors (including Hyper-V and VMware) and applications (including Exchange, SQL, Oracle and many others). Unitrends is the preferred choice of IT professionals because the company sets the standard in virtual, physical and cloud server data protection with instant recovery that enables complete system recovery in less than five minutes while Unitrends' pricing offers the lowest TCO in the industry. Unitrends' U.S.-based support team boasts a 99% customer satisfaction rate. Visit www.unitrends.com.
Jackie Gerbus for Unitrends, Inc.
In the next five to ten years, millions, if not billions of things will become smarter. This smartness goes beyond connected things in our homes like the fridge, thermostat and fancy lighting, and into heavily regulated industries including aerospace, pharmaceutical/medical devices and energy. “Smartness” will embed itself within individual products that are part of our daily lives. We will engage with smart products - learning from them, informing them, and communicating with them. Smart produc...
Jan. 21, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 1,757
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 21, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 3,730
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint, a leading digital experience intelligence company, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint Systems is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into your customer-critical services to help you consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed for digital business, C...
Jan. 21, 2017 11:45 AM EST Reads: 1,845
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smart...
Jan. 21, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 2,803
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Jan. 21, 2017 11:15 AM EST Reads: 6,117
The emerging Internet of Everything creates tremendous new opportunities for customer engagement and business model innovation. However, enterprises must overcome a number of critical challenges to bring these new solutions to market. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Martin, CTO/CIO at nfrastructure, outlined these key challenges and recommended approaches for overcoming them to achieve speed and agility in the design, development and implementation of Internet of Everything solutions with...
Jan. 21, 2017 10:00 AM EST Reads: 5,665
Every successful software product evolves from an idea to an enterprise system. Notably, the same way is passed by the product owner's company. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Oleg Lola, CEO of MobiDev, will provide a generalized overview of the evolution of a software product, the product owner, the needs that arise at various stages of this process, and the value brought by a software development partner to the product owner as a response to these needs.
Jan. 21, 2017 07:30 AM EST Reads: 1,307
In 2014, Amazon announced a new form of compute called Lambda. We didn't know it at the time, but this represented a fundamental shift in what we expect from cloud computing. Now, all of the major cloud computing vendors want to take part in this disruptive technology. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, John Jelinek IV, a web developer at Linux Academy, will discuss why major players like AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Bluemix, and Google Cloud Platform are all trying to sidestep VMs and containers...
Jan. 21, 2017 07:15 AM EST Reads: 939
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a client-oriented software development company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex softw...
Jan. 21, 2017 06:45 AM EST Reads: 1,954
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, discussed the best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Jan. 21, 2017 06:00 AM EST Reads: 2,098
Technology vendors and analysts are eager to paint a rosy picture of how wonderful IoT is and why your deployment will be great with the use of their products and services. While it is easy to showcase successful IoT solutions, identifying IoT systems that missed the mark or failed can often provide more in the way of key lessons learned. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Peter Vanderminden, Principal Industry Analyst for IoT & Digital Supply Chain to Flatiron Strategies, will focus on how IoT depl...
Jan. 21, 2017 03:45 AM EST Reads: 1,992
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it m...
Jan. 21, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 5,829
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, discussed how leveraging the Industrial Internet and...
Jan. 21, 2017 01:30 AM EST Reads: 6,573
"Tintri was started in 2008 with the express purpose of building a storage appliance that is ideal for virtualized environments. We support a lot of different hypervisor platforms from VMware to OpenStack to Hyper-V," explained Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 21, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 4,923
There will be new vendors providing applications, middleware, and connected devices to support the thriving IoT ecosystem. This essentially means that electronic device manufacturers will also be in the software business. Many will be new to building embedded software or robust software. This creates an increased importance on software quality, particularly within the Industrial Internet of Things where business-critical applications are becoming dependent on products controlled by software. Qua...
Jan. 21, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 5,067
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Jan. 21, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 2,894
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jan. 21, 2017 12:15 AM EST Reads: 6,383
In his General Session at 16th Cloud Expo, David Shacochis, host of The Hybrid IT Files podcast and Vice President at CenturyLink, investigated three key trends of the “gigabit economy" though the story of a Fortune 500 communications company in transformation. Narrating how multi-modal hybrid IT, service automation, and agile delivery all intersect, he will cover the role of storytelling and empathy in achieving strategic alignment between the enterprise and its information technology.
Jan. 21, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 4,723
IoT is at the core or many Digital Transformation initiatives with the goal of re-inventing a company's business model. We all agree that collecting relevant IoT data will result in massive amounts of data needing to be stored. However, with the rapid development of IoT devices and ongoing business model transformation, we are not able to predict the volume and growth of IoT data. And with the lack of IoT history, traditional methods of IT and infrastructure planning based on the past do not app...
Jan. 20, 2017 10:45 PM EST Reads: 941
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus o...
Jan. 20, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 4,407