|By PR Newswire||
|January 16, 2013 04:55 PM EST||
FRAMINGHAM, Mass., Jan. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- More than 100 products—many of which are making their debut—will be highlighted as part of Macworld/iWorld's unique First Looks program that showcases some of the newest and coolest solutions for iFans, IDG World Expo announced today. Attendees also will have access to dozens of shopping deals available in exhibitor booths, empowering them to see, try and buy right on the show floor. Macworld/iWorld 2013 (Twitter: @MacworldExpo; Event hashtag: #iFan13), the Ultimate iFan Event, takes place January 31-February 2, 2013, at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco. The event will once again serve as a launching pad for hundreds of new software, hardware, peripheral, accessory and app innovations for the Mac, iPhone, iPod and iPad when it opens its doors. Register now!
Exhibitor Shopping Specials
Macworld/iWorld exhibitors will offer attendees exclusive opportunities to see, try and buy products at special show prices right on the show floor. More than 50 companies will offer special pricing on many of the newest products for the Apple marketplace. Participating companies include: BusyMac, Choicee, Cooper Product, Devista B.V., EuroSmartz Ltd, FiledRight, Fujitsu Computer Products of America, iKey, iPresent, Krome Case, MacMate, Nite Ize, Nuance Communications, OnTrion, Prestige International, QNAP, RHP Multimedia Corp., Seidio, ServicePal, Silo Ink, SmartMotion Technology, Square Jellyfish, Tekserve, Tru Protection and Vellum Interactive. Check out all the Shop Macworld/iWorld deals at: http://www.macworldiworld.com/expo-hall/show-specials/.
Highlights of this year's First Looks program, which makes it easy for attendees to find the very latest innovations on the show floor, are included below. Check out all the First Looks products at: http://www.macworldiworld.com/first-looks/.
- App-Promo (Appalooza, Booth #718): The company will showcase their client's PicIT 24 mobile application, a visual diary where you can follow friends, family or inspiration. Users can share a maximum of one quote and/or one image within a 24 hour period, giving followers the opportunity to finally appreciate their creative content.
- BEAMR (Appalooza, Booth #718): Beamr™ will showcase its JPEGmini™ for Mac software, which allows users to reduce the file size of photos by up to five times while maintaining their original resolution, quality and JPEG format. Optimizing photos with JPEGmini™ frees up valuable hard drive space and lets you quickly share full-resolution photos with your friends and family.
- Boinx Software Ltd (Appalooza, Booth #718): Boinx Software will feature the new iStopMotion for iPad 2. Enjoy the excitement of creating stop motion animations and time lapse recordings right from your iPad. Easily tell your story using inanimate objects such as toys or clay figures and bring them to life frame by frame. Version 2 includes new features such as audio recording, more ways to import audio files into a stop motion animation or time lapse film, and a Navigator that displays the full animation from start to finish at a glance.
- Creaceed (Appalooza, Booth #718): Creaceed will showcase the recently released Prizmo 2, the revolutionary scanning experience for the Mac that supports all the things you want to scan and all the ways you want to do it. The technology supports dozens of languages and processing for text documents, business cards and images, as well as editing and correcting functionality and iCloud support.
- Ecamm Network (Appalooza, Booth #718): Ecamm will unveil Printopia Pro, the easiest and best way to enable and manage printing from mobile devices (including iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch) on your company's network. Ecamm took its award-winning Printopia software, tuned it for use on large-tiered networks, added manageability, scalability, and security features, putting users in complete control.
- Gaucho Software, LLC (Appalooza, Booth #718): Gaucho Software will showcase Windscape, a new app that shows the wind as it blows. Thousands of tiny particles materialize the flow of air around the world in real time, color-coded by temperature. Discover never-before-seen relationships, gain a global understanding of the weather and let yourself be inspired by the beauty of nature.
- GetCloak.com (Appalooza, Booth #718): Debuting at Macworld/iWorld 2013, Cloak's mission is to give you the tools you need to stay safe when you're online. Cloak's app is the easiest, most trusted way to stay safe when you're using public Wi-Fi, like the kind you find at coffee shops, airports, hotels, and conferences. Cloak automatically detects unsafe connections and secures them. Available today for iPhone, iPad and Mac.
- Jam for iPhone by DreamWalk Ltd (Appalooza, Booth #718): Australian developer DreamWalk Interactive will showcase Jam, a new song-creation app for the iPhone. Simply select a musical style and tempo, hit "record," and sing into your iPhone. Jam detects the incoming vocal pitch, musical key and song structure, then auto-tunes the vocal and produces original backing music to suit. The result is an awesome sounding, completely original song created around your vocal. Users can publish songs to the in-app Jam charts and invite their friends to listen via Facebook and Twitter. Earn badges and royalties for each published track to unlock additional style packs, grow a following of fans and even get signed to one of four Jam record labels.
- JAMF Software (MacIT P1): JAMF Software will feature its SCCM Plug-In, a framework that can be used to sync your organization's valuable hardware and software inventory data for your Apple devices into Microsoft SCCM.
- Kdan Mobile Software Ltd (Appalooza, Booth #718): Kdan Mobile Software will showcase its NoteLedge app for the iPad and iPhone, a unique tool designed to help users record every moment in their life. Features include the ability to take/import photos and easily change size and apply filter effects, record audio and video while taking notes, use stamps and templates to enrich works, capture, organize and share ideas on the go, and encrypt diaries and back them up to the cloud.
- Marketcircle, Inc. (Appalooza, Booth #718): The company will feature Daylite, an award-winning CRM and productivity manager designed to help small businesses grow. Daylite 4 was built with a completely revamped interface, new features and simplicity to improve user experience and productivity. Organize your entire business in a single application, including your contacts, schedule, tasks, business opportunities, emails and more on your Mac, iPhone and iPad.
- MOXTRA (Appalooza, Booth #718): Set to unveil later this month, the Moxtra app features customizable, virtual binders so you can view, share and collaborate with your content. Grab it, organize it in specific binders and add real-time voiceover and notes to enhance photos, stories or projects. Share binders via social media or privately with contacts, enriching the way you share life's moments.
- Rain Design, Inc (Booth #524): Rain Design will showcase its new mTower vertical laptop stand, which takes up a third of your notebook's footprint. Its solid, single piece design gives a notebook the illusion of floating for a sleek desktop setup. mTower's anodized aluminum body matches Apple notebooks and acts as a giant heat sink—with the notebook's bottom turned to the side, its entire surface also dissipates heat better.
- Reallusion, Inc (Appalooza, Booth #718): Reallusion will feature CrazyTalk7, which uses powerful auto-animation technology that allows any user—whether they're an iMovie-maker or a creative user—at any level to simply use your voice to turn images into talking videos. Or, choose from various scenario-based speaker performance modes to set a unique personality to your character's base movement.
- Recosoft Corporation (Booth #749): Recosoft will feature PDF2Office for iPad, a set of iPad apps that converts PDF files to editable Microsoft Office, iWork, OmniGraffle and other common files. PDF2Office for iPad is available in three editions: PDF2Office for iWork, PDF2Office Business and PDF2Office Lite, with each edition featuring distinct PDF conversion capabilities.
- Spicebox LLC (Booth #422): Spicebox will introduce Mauz, which transforms your smartphone into a gesture-enabled computer mouse. Simply connect the device to a smartphone and the Mauz app pops up, allowing users to control computers and media centers using motion and visual gestures. It's like connecting a computer mouse and a Wii controller to your iPhone and then adding a touch of Kinect.
- STROTTER (Booth #1049): STROTTER will present the Platforma, a convertible messenger bag for iPad that turns into a mobile desk, allowing users to work on their iPads while standing up and with both hands free to type. With one swing and one pull of a buckle the bag transforms into a sling-type backpack. Designed in Boston, Platforma features a leather and high-density nylon shell, self-closing flap, custom polished hardware and a quickly adjustable strap.
- The Casey Group (Appalooza, Booth #718): The company will showcase Sales Navigator Calling, a new tool that allows users to make calls directory from their iPad. Leveraging a low-cost VoIP service, it has never been easier to stay in touch with your most valuable customers and prospects while on the road from your iPad. The technology is fully integrated with Sales Navigator, the first iOS application that helps sales professionals optimize their reach and touch to valuable customers and prospects through the seamless integration of contacts, calendars, and map applications.
- Touch Press (Appolooza, Booth #718): Touch Press will introduce The Orchestra, a truly ground-breaking iPad app that allows unprecedented interactive exploration of classical music. The Orchestra allows real-time selection of multiple video and audio tracks, along with an automatically synchronized score and graphical note-by-note visualization of each piece as it is played. The result is an immersive environment for exploring the music and every instrument in the orchestra.
- XFLEX by 1.0 Innovations (Booth #310): 1.0 Innovations will showcase the XFLEX iPad stand, The Single Stand Solution™ to all your tablet needs. The XFLEX works almost anywhere with virtually any flat surface tablet or smartphone. The flexible arm allows you to snake the tablet to an ideal point of view for reading, surfing, pod-casting or video recording.
- Zoom (MacIT S2): Zoom will introduce the world's first Unified Meeting Experience (UMX) solution that brings HD video conferencing, web meetings and mobility into a simple and free 3-in-1 meeting platform. Zoom offers the industry's first screen-sharing on iPhone, iPad and MacOS, the industry's first hybrid cloud meeting connector for Mac IT users and the industry's first 3-in-1 platform with Enterprise Single-Sign-On.
Attendee registration, along with information about event passes and pricing, can be found at: http://www.macworldiworld.com/register/.
For complete details on media qualification guidelines, please visit: http://www.macworldiworld.com/media-qualification-guidelines/. Please note that all media are required to submit media credentials for Macworld/iWorld.
For current happenings, news, chatter and to be part of the conversation, join Macworld/iWorld on:
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/MacworldExpo
- Event hashtag: #iFan13
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MacworldiWorld
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Macworld-Conference-Expo-1636267?home=&gid=1636267&trk=anet_ug_hm.
Macworld/iWorld is the world's Ultimate iFan Event for those who use, create and love Apple products. Attendees will encounter a unique celebration of Apple technology-infused art, music, and film, as well as learning opportunities, and a shopping mecca in our expo hall filled with products and services for Apple users of all skill levels and interests. Whether a home user, an artistic hobbyist, a professional or a true Technorati, Macworld/iWorld gives attendees the chance to experience all that the amazing world of Apple-related tools can offer. Macworld/iWorld will take place January 31 – February 2, 2013 at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco. For more information, please visit http://www.macworldiworld.com.
About IDG World Expo
IDG World Expo (www.idgworldexpo.com) is a leading producer of tradeshows and events for professionals and consumers seeking world-class education, strategic business relationships, and access to industry-leading products and services. IDG World Expo's portfolio of conferences and events includes Macworld / iWorld, the MacIT® Conference, the Electronic Entertainment Expo® (E3®), Anime Expo®, The Game Marketing Summit, Enterprise MobileNext (mNext), and Macworld Mobile. IDG World Expo is a business unit of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research and event company.
SOURCE IDG World Expo
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi’s VP Business Development and Engineering, explored the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driving this change including privacy controls, data transparency and integration of real time context with p...
Nov. 29, 2015 06:00 PM EST Reads: 431
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data shows "less than 10 percent of IoT developers are making enough to support a reasonably sized team....
Nov. 29, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 483
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Nov. 29, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 350
DevOps is about increasing efficiency, but nothing is more inefficient than building the same application twice. However, this is a routine occurrence with enterprise applications that need both a rich desktop web interface and strong mobile support. With recent technological advances from Isomorphic Software and others, rich desktop and tuned mobile experiences can now be created with a single codebase – without compromising functionality, performance or usability. In his session at DevOps Summit, Charles Kendrick, CTO and Chief Architect at Isomorphic Software, demonstrated examples of com...
Nov. 29, 2015 12:45 PM EST Reads: 417
As organizations realize the scope of the Internet of Things, gaining key insights from Big Data, through the use of advanced analytics, becomes crucial. However, IoT also creates the need for petabyte scale storage of data from millions of devices. A new type of Storage is required which seamlessly integrates robust data analytics with massive scale. These storage systems will act as “smart systems” provide in-place analytics that speed discovery and enable businesses to quickly derive meaningful and actionable insights. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Paul Turner, Chief Marketing Officer at...
Nov. 29, 2015 12:30 PM EST Reads: 423
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Nov. 29, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 525
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Nov. 29, 2015 11:45 AM EST Reads: 324
The Internet of Everything is re-shaping technology trends–moving away from “request/response” architecture to an “always-on” Streaming Web where data is in constant motion and secure, reliable communication is an absolute necessity. As more and more THINGS go online, the challenges that developers will need to address will only increase exponentially. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Todd Greene, Founder & CEO of PubNub, exploreed the current state of IoT connectivity and review key trends and technology requirements that will drive the Internet of Things from hype to reality.
Nov. 29, 2015 09:45 AM EST Reads: 451
Two weeks ago (November 3-5), I attended the Cloud Expo Silicon Valley as a speaker, where I presented on the security and privacy due diligence requirements for cloud solutions. Cloud security is a topical issue for every CIO, CISO, and technology buyer. Decision-makers are always looking for insights on how to mitigate the security risks of implementing and using cloud solutions. Based on the presentation topics covered at the conference, as well as the general discussions heard between sessions, I wanted to share some of my observations on emerging trends. As cyber security serves as a fou...
Nov. 29, 2015 09:15 AM EST Reads: 344
We all know that data growth is exploding and storage budgets are shrinking. Instead of showing you charts on about how much data there is, in his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing at HGST, showed how to capture all of your data in one place. After you have your data under control, you can then analyze it in one place, saving time and resources.
Nov. 29, 2015 08:45 AM EST Reads: 221
With all the incredible momentum behind the Internet of Things (IoT) industry, it is easy to forget that not a single CEO wakes up and wonders if “my IoT is broken.” What they wonder is if they are making the right decisions to do all they can to increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve customer experience – effectively the same challenges they have always had in growing their business. The exciting thing about the IoT industry is now these decisions can be better, faster, and smarter. Now all corporate assets – people, objects, and spaces – can share information about themselves and thei...
Nov. 29, 2015 08:00 AM EST Reads: 274
The cloud. Like a comic book superhero, there seems to be no problem it can’t fix or cost it can’t slash. Yet making the transition is not always easy and production environments are still largely on premise. Taking some practical and sensible steps to reduce risk can also help provide a basis for a successful cloud transition. A plethora of surveys from the likes of IDG and Gartner show that more than 70 percent of enterprises have deployed at least one or more cloud application or workload. Yet a closer inspection at the data reveals less than half of these cloud projects involve production...
Nov. 29, 2015 07:00 AM EST Reads: 499
Continuous processes around the development and deployment of applications are both impacted by -- and a benefit to -- the Internet of Things trend. To help better understand the relationship between DevOps and a plethora of new end-devices and data please welcome Gary Gruver, consultant, author and a former IT executive who has led many large-scale IT transformation projects, and John Jeremiah, Technology Evangelist at Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), on Twitter at @j_jeremiah. The discussion is moderated by me, Dana Gardner, Principal Analyst at Interarbor Solutions.
Nov. 29, 2015 06:45 AM EST Reads: 743
Discussions of cloud computing have evolved in recent years from a focus on specific types of cloud, to a world of hybrid cloud, and to a world dominated by the APIs that make today's multi-cloud environments and hybrid clouds possible. In this Power Panel at 17th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the importance of customers being able to use the specific technologies they need, through environments and ecosystems that expose their APIs to make true change and transformation possible.
Nov. 29, 2015 06:00 AM EST Reads: 557
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Nov. 29, 2015 06:00 AM EST Reads: 375
Microservices are a very exciting architectural approach that many organizations are looking to as a way to accelerate innovation. Microservices promise to allow teams to move away from monolithic "ball of mud" systems, but the reality is that, in the vast majority of organizations, different projects and technologies will continue to be developed at different speeds. How to handle the dependencies between these disparate systems with different iteration cycles? Consider the "canoncial problem" in this scenario: microservice A (releases daily) depends on a couple of additions to backend B (re...
Nov. 29, 2015 05:00 AM EST Reads: 461
The Internet of Things is clearly many things: data collection and analytics, wearables, Smart Grids and Smart Cities, the Industrial Internet, and more. Cool platforms like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Intel's Galileo and Edison, and a diverse world of sensors are making the IoT a great toy box for developers in all these areas. In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists discussed what things are the most important, which will have the most profound effect on the world, and what should we expect to see over the next couple of years.
Nov. 29, 2015 04:30 AM EST Reads: 485
Container technology is shaping the future of DevOps and it’s also changing the way organizations think about application development. With the rise of mobile applications in the enterprise, businesses are abandoning year-long development cycles and embracing technologies that enable rapid development and continuous deployment of apps. In his session at DevOps Summit, Kurt Collins, Developer Evangelist at Built.io, examined how Docker has evolved into a highly effective tool for application delivery by allowing increasingly popular Mobile Backend-as-a-Service (mBaaS) platforms to quickly crea...
Nov. 29, 2015 04:00 AM EST Reads: 377
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Day 2 Keynote at 17th Cloud Expo, Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, wil...
Nov. 29, 2015 03:00 AM EST Reads: 597
PubNub has announced the release of BLOCKS, a set of customizable microservices that give developers a simple way to add code and deploy features for realtime apps.PubNub BLOCKS executes business logic directly on the data streaming through PubNub’s network without splitting it off to an intermediary server controlled by the customer. This revolutionary approach streamlines app development, reduces endpoint-to-endpoint latency, and allows apps to better leverage the enormous scalability of PubNub’s Data Stream Network.
Nov. 29, 2015 03:00 AM EST Reads: 339