|By Business Wire||
|February 7, 2013 10:05 AM EST||
Big Data Storage enhancements, 3D data visualization and the growth of alternative marketplaces are among the top trends forecasted by practice leads at DataArt, a custom software development company that builds advanced solutions for select industries. Experts from Financial Services, Healthcare, Clean Tech, Travel & Hospitality, Mobile, and Cloud Computing shared their predictions based on customer feedback and industry research of this year’s major areas of expansion and focus for enterprise development. Predictions for 2013 include:
- Big Data storage access to increase: The increase of tools and enhancements will ease the use of Big Data storage and computation technologies for developers. Full text search and map reduce computations will be utilized actively in small data areas, previously labelled as Big Data technologies.
- The value of analytics to strengthen: As more businesses universally accept the use of analytics, the use of Natural Language Processing, information retrieval, semantics analysis and machine learning, GEO location analysis and speech recognition will further drive innovation in all industries.
- Data Visualization to increase: The use of 3D data visualization will increase to assist with analyzing and making better use of analytics, along with WebGL technologies continuing to evolve. The adoption of 3D printing is also set to increase and revolutionize healthcare and manufacturing.
- Mobile broadband to increase cloud adoption: The increased usage of mobile devices with broadband internet access will drive applications to adopt the cloud for data storage and processing. This will result in more mobile devices handling compute-intensive tasks by leveraging cloud services and full-scale computer vision capabilities to users.
- Growth in Machine to Machine (M2M) technology: There will be a shift in tools to develop for embedded devices, including better APIs, less complex programming languages and easier to use general programming skills. This, and the increase in overall mobile usage, will cause a greater push to M2M technologies; involving embedded, cloud and mobile.
- Finance to increase technology adoption: Fund managers, researchers and algorithmic traders will ramp up their investment in cloud and Big Data technologies, using them for their data management and analysis activities in 2013. Both new and existing market data vendors will begin offering an array of historical data that is pre-packaged with cloud hosting services for firms' computation-heavy tasks, including areas such as firm-wide risk and strategy back-testing. Fund administrators and other service providers may also join, thanks to their unique relationship with clients.
- Growth of alternative marketplaces: The market share of the traditional ways to trade, including both public exchanges and dealer markets, will further diminish. In equities, the volume of off-exchange execution via dark pools and other vehicles is expected to reach new historical highs. The fixed income world will also continue to experiment with various kinds of all-electronic trading platforms. The commissions of exchanges and established sell-side players will continue to shrink, requiring them to cut costs.
- Healthcare technology to increase innovation: With Personal Health Records (PHRs) becoming generally accepted and initiatives such as BlueButton making it easier to download and share medical records with different medical and insurance providers, the market will flourish with new mobile apps. Big Data companies will use data-mining and data analytic developments in healthcare to track certain patterns and interconnections to display personalized recommendations to the end user. 3D printing is on the way to becoming a mainstream technology for manufacturing medical components.
“Mobile computing will be reenergized in 2013, as new applications, more intuitive experiences and advances in everyday use are set to be introduced,” said Eugene Goland, President of DataArt. “This will also be the year that technology start-ups take advantage of market opportunities and introduce mobile innovations such as natural user interfaces, augmented reality and image recognition. We expect a growth in opportunities across the enterprise software space, including new hardware, with a push for innovative machine to machine technologies.”
is a custom software development company that builds advanced solutions
for the financial
services, healthcare, hospitality and other
industries. Combining domain knowledge with offshore cost advantages and
resource flexibility, DataArt develops industry-defining applications,
helping clients optimize time-to-market and minimize software
development risks in mission-critical systems. With an unrivaled talent
pool of highly skilled software engineers in New York, London, Russia
and Ukraine, DataArt provides the technical skill, accountability and
industry knowledge needed to deliver custom applications on time and on
budget. DataArt clients include
Standard & Poor’s, Harmonic Fund Services, Ogilvy, artnet, Panasonic,
Cancer Research, Ocado, Charles River Laboratories, Betfair, Misys,
leading asset management firms and three of the world’s top ten
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jul. 29, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,116
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Jul. 29, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,014
SYS-CON Events announced today that Venafi, the Immune System for the Internet™ and the leading provider of Next Generation Trust Protection, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Venafi is the Immune System for the Internet™ that protects the foundation of all cybersecurity – cryptographic keys and digital certificates – so they can’t be misused by bad guys in attacks...
Jul. 29, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,443
There will be new vendors providing applications, middleware, and connected devices to support the thriving IoT ecosystem. This essentially means that electronic device manufacturers will also be in the software business. Many will be new to building embedded software or robust software. This creates an increased importance on software quality, particularly within the Industrial Internet of Things where business-critical applications are becoming dependent on products controlled by software. Qua...
Jul. 29, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,625
In addition to all the benefits, IoT is also bringing new kind of customer experience challenges - cars that unlock themselves, thermostats turning houses into saunas and baby video monitors broadcasting over the internet. This list can only increase because while IoT services should be intuitive and simple to use, the delivery ecosystem is a myriad of potential problems as IoT explodes complexity. So finding a performance issue is like finding the proverbial needle in the haystack.
Jul. 29, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,362
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, discussed how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to imp...
Jul. 29, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,567
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Jul. 29, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,679
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and shared the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the develo...
Jul. 29, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,610
SYS-CON Events announced today that MangoApps will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MangoApps provides modern company intranets and team collaboration software, allowing workers to stay connected and productive from anywhere in the world and from any device.
Jul. 29, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,466
Large scale deployments present unique planning challenges, system commissioning hurdles between IT and OT and demand careful system hand-off orchestration. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jeff Smith, Senior Director and a founding member of Incenergy, will discuss some of the key tactics to ensure delivery success based on his experience of the last two years deploying Industrial IoT systems across four continents.
Jul. 29, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,693
Basho Technologies has announced the latest release of Basho Riak TS, version 1.3. Riak TS is an enterprise-grade NoSQL database optimized for Internet of Things (IoT). The open source version enables developers to download the software for free and use it in production as well as make contributions to the code and develop applications around Riak TS. Enhancements to Riak TS make it quick, easy and cost-effective to spin up an instance to test new ideas and build IoT applications. In addition to...
Jul. 29, 2016 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,009
Identity is in everything and customers are looking to their providers to ensure the security of their identities, transactions and data. With the increased reliance on cloud-based services, service providers must build security and trust into their offerings, adding value to customers and improving the user experience. Making identity, security and privacy easy for customers provides a unique advantage over the competition.
Jul. 28, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,268
"We've discovered that after shows 80% if leads that people get, 80% of the conversations end up on the show floor, meaning people forget about it, people forget who they talk to, people forget that there are actual business opportunities to be had here so we try to help out and keep the conversations going," explained Jeff Mesnik, Founder and President of ContentMX, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 28, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,451
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jul. 28, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,104
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jul. 28, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,727
I wanted to gather all of my Internet of Things (IOT) blogs into a single blog (that I could later use with my University of San Francisco (USF) Big Data “MBA” course). However as I started to pull these blogs together, I realized that my IOT discussion lacked a vision; it lacked an end point towards which an organization could drive their IOT envisioning, proof of value, app dev, data engineering and data science efforts. And I think that the IOT end point is really quite simple…
Jul. 28, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,258
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 28, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,231
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jul. 28, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,213
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Jul. 28, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,797
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Jul. 28, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,057