|By Business Wire||
|February 7, 2013 10:05 AM EST||
Big Data Storage enhancements, 3D data visualization and the growth of alternative marketplaces are among the top trends forecasted by practice leads at DataArt, a custom software development company that builds advanced solutions for select industries. Experts from Financial Services, Healthcare, Clean Tech, Travel & Hospitality, Mobile, and Cloud Computing shared their predictions based on customer feedback and industry research of this year’s major areas of expansion and focus for enterprise development. Predictions for 2013 include:
- Big Data storage access to increase: The increase of tools and enhancements will ease the use of Big Data storage and computation technologies for developers. Full text search and map reduce computations will be utilized actively in small data areas, previously labelled as Big Data technologies.
- The value of analytics to strengthen: As more businesses universally accept the use of analytics, the use of Natural Language Processing, information retrieval, semantics analysis and machine learning, GEO location analysis and speech recognition will further drive innovation in all industries.
- Data Visualization to increase: The use of 3D data visualization will increase to assist with analyzing and making better use of analytics, along with WebGL technologies continuing to evolve. The adoption of 3D printing is also set to increase and revolutionize healthcare and manufacturing.
- Mobile broadband to increase cloud adoption: The increased usage of mobile devices with broadband internet access will drive applications to adopt the cloud for data storage and processing. This will result in more mobile devices handling compute-intensive tasks by leveraging cloud services and full-scale computer vision capabilities to users.
- Growth in Machine to Machine (M2M) technology: There will be a shift in tools to develop for embedded devices, including better APIs, less complex programming languages and easier to use general programming skills. This, and the increase in overall mobile usage, will cause a greater push to M2M technologies; involving embedded, cloud and mobile.
- Finance to increase technology adoption: Fund managers, researchers and algorithmic traders will ramp up their investment in cloud and Big Data technologies, using them for their data management and analysis activities in 2013. Both new and existing market data vendors will begin offering an array of historical data that is pre-packaged with cloud hosting services for firms' computation-heavy tasks, including areas such as firm-wide risk and strategy back-testing. Fund administrators and other service providers may also join, thanks to their unique relationship with clients.
- Growth of alternative marketplaces: The market share of the traditional ways to trade, including both public exchanges and dealer markets, will further diminish. In equities, the volume of off-exchange execution via dark pools and other vehicles is expected to reach new historical highs. The fixed income world will also continue to experiment with various kinds of all-electronic trading platforms. The commissions of exchanges and established sell-side players will continue to shrink, requiring them to cut costs.
- Healthcare technology to increase innovation: With Personal Health Records (PHRs) becoming generally accepted and initiatives such as BlueButton making it easier to download and share medical records with different medical and insurance providers, the market will flourish with new mobile apps. Big Data companies will use data-mining and data analytic developments in healthcare to track certain patterns and interconnections to display personalized recommendations to the end user. 3D printing is on the way to becoming a mainstream technology for manufacturing medical components.
“Mobile computing will be reenergized in 2013, as new applications, more intuitive experiences and advances in everyday use are set to be introduced,” said Eugene Goland, President of DataArt. “This will also be the year that technology start-ups take advantage of market opportunities and introduce mobile innovations such as natural user interfaces, augmented reality and image recognition. We expect a growth in opportunities across the enterprise software space, including new hardware, with a push for innovative machine to machine technologies.”
is a custom software development company that builds advanced solutions
for the financial
services, healthcare, hospitality and other
industries. Combining domain knowledge with offshore cost advantages and
resource flexibility, DataArt develops industry-defining applications,
helping clients optimize time-to-market and minimize software
development risks in mission-critical systems. With an unrivaled talent
pool of highly skilled software engineers in New York, London, Russia
and Ukraine, DataArt provides the technical skill, accountability and
industry knowledge needed to deliver custom applications on time and on
budget. DataArt clients include
Standard & Poor’s, Harmonic Fund Services, Ogilvy, artnet, Panasonic,
Cancer Research, Ocado, Charles River Laboratories, Betfair, Misys,
leading asset management firms and three of the world’s top ten
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Oct. 20, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,849
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Oct. 20, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 9,553
WebRTC defines no default signaling protocol, causing fragmentation between WebRTC silos. SIP and XMPP provide possibilities, but come with considerable complexity and are not designed for use in a web environment. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Matthew Hodgson, technical co-founder of the Matrix.org, discussed how Matrix is a new non-profit Open Source Project that defines both a new HTTP-based standard for VoIP & IM signaling and provides reference implementations.
Oct. 20, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,600
Virgil consists of an open-source encryption library, which implements Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) and Elliptic Curve Integrated Encryption Scheme (ECIES) (including RSA schema), a Key Management API, and a cloud-based Key Management Service (Virgil Keys). The Virgil Keys Service consists of a public key service and a private key escrow service.
Oct. 20, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 829
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential M2M Brand by Onalytica in the ‘Machine to Machine: Top 100 Influencers and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed the online debate on M2M by looking at over 85,000 tweets to provide the most influential individuals and brands that drive the discussion. According to Onalytica the "analysis showed a very engaged community with a lot of interactive tweets. The M2M discussion seems to be more fragmented and driven by some of the major brands present in the...
Oct. 20, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 10,908
In his keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Sheng Liang, co-founder and CEO of Rancher Labs, will discuss the technological advances and new business opportunities created by the rapid adoption of containers. With the success of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and various open source technologies used to build private clouds, cloud computing has become an essential component of IT strategy. However, users continue to face challenges in implementing clouds, as older technologies evolve and newer ones like Docke...
Oct. 20, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,120
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ...
Oct. 20, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 7,826
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Oct. 20, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 5,042
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Oct. 20, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 673
In the next five to ten years, millions, if not billions of things will become smarter. This smartness goes beyond connected things in our homes like the fridge, thermostat and fancy lighting, and into heavily regulated industries including aerospace, pharmaceutical/medical devices and energy. “Smartness” will embed itself within individual products that are part of our daily lives. We will engage with smart products - learning from them, informing them, and communicating with them. Smart produc...
Oct. 20, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,378
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Oct. 20, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 6,737
SYS-CON Events announced today that Coalfire will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Coalfire is the trusted leader in cybersecurity risk management and compliance services. Coalfire integrates advisory and technical assessments and recommendations to the corporate directors, executives, boards, and IT organizations for global brands and organizations in the technology, cloud, health...
Oct. 20, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,425
Cloud based infrastructure deployment is becoming more and more appealing to customers, from Fortune 500 companies to SMEs due to its pay-as-you-go model. Enterprise storage vendors are able to reach out to these customers by integrating in cloud based deployments; this needs adaptability and interoperability of the products confirming to cloud standards such as OpenStack, CloudStack, or Azure. As compared to off the shelf commodity storage, enterprise storages by its reliability, high-availabil...
Oct. 20, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 835
SYS-CON Events announced today that MathFreeOn will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MathFreeOn is Software as a Service (SaaS) used in Engineering and Math education. Write scripts and solve math problems online. MathFreeOn provides online courses for beginners or amateurs who have difficulties in writing scripts. In accordance with various mathematical topics, there are more tha...
Oct. 20, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 818
In the next forty months – just over three years – businesses will undergo extraordinary changes. The exponential growth of digitization and machine learning will see a step function change in how businesses create value, satisfy customers, and outperform their competition. In the next forty months companies will take the actions that will see them get to the next level of the game called Capitalism. Or they won’t – game over. The winners of today and tomorrow think differently, follow different...
Oct. 20, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 703
We all know the latest numbers: Gartner, Inc. forecasts that 6.4 billion connected things will be in use worldwide in 2016, up 30 percent from last year, and will reach 20.8 billion by 2020. We're rapidly approaching a data production of 40 zettabytes a day – more than we can every physically store, and exabytes and yottabytes are just around the corner. For many that’s a good sign, as data has been proven to equal money – IF it’s ingested, integrated, and analyzed fast enough. Without real-tim...
Oct. 20, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,842
SYS-CON Events announced today that Numerex Corp, a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT), will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Numerex Corp. (NASDAQ:NMRX) is a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT). The Company's solutions produce new revenue streams or create operating...
Oct. 20, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,595
SYS-CON Events announced today that Transparent Cloud Computing (T-Cloud) Consortium will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The Transparent Cloud Computing Consortium (T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data proces...
Oct. 20, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,201
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it ...
Oct. 20, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,391
In an era of historic innovation fueled by unprecedented access to data and technology, the low cost and risk of entering new markets has leveled the playing field for business. Today, any ambitious innovator can easily introduce a new application or product that can reinvent business models and transform the client experience. In their Day 2 Keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Mercer Rowe, IBM Vice President of Strategic Alliances, and Raejeanne Skillern, Intel Vice President of Data Center Group and ...
Oct. 20, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,277