|By Business Wire||
|February 7, 2013 10:05 AM EST||
Big Data Storage enhancements, 3D data visualization and the growth of alternative marketplaces are among the top trends forecasted by practice leads at DataArt, a custom software development company that builds advanced solutions for select industries. Experts from Financial Services, Healthcare, Clean Tech, Travel & Hospitality, Mobile, and Cloud Computing shared their predictions based on customer feedback and industry research of this year’s major areas of expansion and focus for enterprise development. Predictions for 2013 include:
- Big Data storage access to increase: The increase of tools and enhancements will ease the use of Big Data storage and computation technologies for developers. Full text search and map reduce computations will be utilized actively in small data areas, previously labelled as Big Data technologies.
- The value of analytics to strengthen: As more businesses universally accept the use of analytics, the use of Natural Language Processing, information retrieval, semantics analysis and machine learning, GEO location analysis and speech recognition will further drive innovation in all industries.
- Data Visualization to increase: The use of 3D data visualization will increase to assist with analyzing and making better use of analytics, along with WebGL technologies continuing to evolve. The adoption of 3D printing is also set to increase and revolutionize healthcare and manufacturing.
- Mobile broadband to increase cloud adoption: The increased usage of mobile devices with broadband internet access will drive applications to adopt the cloud for data storage and processing. This will result in more mobile devices handling compute-intensive tasks by leveraging cloud services and full-scale computer vision capabilities to users.
- Growth in Machine to Machine (M2M) technology: There will be a shift in tools to develop for embedded devices, including better APIs, less complex programming languages and easier to use general programming skills. This, and the increase in overall mobile usage, will cause a greater push to M2M technologies; involving embedded, cloud and mobile.
- Finance to increase technology adoption: Fund managers, researchers and algorithmic traders will ramp up their investment in cloud and Big Data technologies, using them for their data management and analysis activities in 2013. Both new and existing market data vendors will begin offering an array of historical data that is pre-packaged with cloud hosting services for firms' computation-heavy tasks, including areas such as firm-wide risk and strategy back-testing. Fund administrators and other service providers may also join, thanks to their unique relationship with clients.
- Growth of alternative marketplaces: The market share of the traditional ways to trade, including both public exchanges and dealer markets, will further diminish. In equities, the volume of off-exchange execution via dark pools and other vehicles is expected to reach new historical highs. The fixed income world will also continue to experiment with various kinds of all-electronic trading platforms. The commissions of exchanges and established sell-side players will continue to shrink, requiring them to cut costs.
- Healthcare technology to increase innovation: With Personal Health Records (PHRs) becoming generally accepted and initiatives such as BlueButton making it easier to download and share medical records with different medical and insurance providers, the market will flourish with new mobile apps. Big Data companies will use data-mining and data analytic developments in healthcare to track certain patterns and interconnections to display personalized recommendations to the end user. 3D printing is on the way to becoming a mainstream technology for manufacturing medical components.
“Mobile computing will be reenergized in 2013, as new applications, more intuitive experiences and advances in everyday use are set to be introduced,” said Eugene Goland, President of DataArt. “This will also be the year that technology start-ups take advantage of market opportunities and introduce mobile innovations such as natural user interfaces, augmented reality and image recognition. We expect a growth in opportunities across the enterprise software space, including new hardware, with a push for innovative machine to machine technologies.”
is a custom software development company that builds advanced solutions
for the financial
services, healthcare, hospitality and other
industries. Combining domain knowledge with offshore cost advantages and
resource flexibility, DataArt develops industry-defining applications,
helping clients optimize time-to-market and minimize software
development risks in mission-critical systems. With an unrivaled talent
pool of highly skilled software engineers in New York, London, Russia
and Ukraine, DataArt provides the technical skill, accountability and
industry knowledge needed to deliver custom applications on time and on
budget. DataArt clients include
Standard & Poor’s, Harmonic Fund Services, Ogilvy, artnet, Panasonic,
Cancer Research, Ocado, Charles River Laboratories, Betfair, Misys,
leading asset management firms and three of the world’s top ten
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Feb. 27, 2017 11:45 PM EST Reads: 886
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Feb. 27, 2017 11:00 PM EST Reads: 9,159
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and sh...
Feb. 27, 2017 09:15 PM EST Reads: 4,174
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it m...
Feb. 27, 2017 08:00 PM EST Reads: 7,967
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, looked at differ...
Feb. 27, 2017 07:45 PM EST Reads: 7,383
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Feb. 27, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 2,266
SYS-CON Events announced today that IoT Now has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IoT Now explores the evolving opportunities and challenges facing CSPs, and it passes on some lessons learned from those who have taken the first steps in next-gen IoT services.
Feb. 27, 2017 07:15 PM EST Reads: 1,993
SYS-CON Events announced today that WineSOFT will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Based in Seoul and Irvine, WineSOFT is an innovative software house focusing on internet infrastructure solutions. The venture started as a bootstrap start-up in 2010 by focusing on making the internet faster and more powerful. WineSOFT’s knowledge is based on the expertise of TCP/IP, VPN, SSL, peer-to-peer, mob...
Feb. 27, 2017 07:00 PM EST Reads: 2,217
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, discussed the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports.
Feb. 27, 2017 07:00 PM EST Reads: 2,606
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, whic...
Feb. 27, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 2,150
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Feb. 27, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 8,316
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Feb. 27, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 671
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life settle...
Feb. 27, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,882
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Steve Wilkes, CTO and founder of Striim, will delve into four enterprise-scale, business-critical case studies where streaming analytics serves as the key to enabling real-time data integration and right-time insights in hybrid cloud, IoT, and fog computing environments. As part of this discussion, he will also present a demo based on its partnership with Fujitsu, highlighting their technologies in a healthcare IoT use-case. The demo showcases the tracking of patie...
Feb. 27, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,525
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Feb. 27, 2017 03:30 PM EST Reads: 2,347
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Feb. 27, 2017 02:45 PM EST Reads: 2,667
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloud Academy will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cloud Academy is the industry’s most innovative, vendor-neutral cloud technology training platform. Cloud Academy provides continuous learning solutions for individuals and enterprise teams for Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and the most popular cloud computing technologies. Ge...
Feb. 27, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 2,025
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Feb. 27, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 2,565
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Feb. 27, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 2,118
Have you ever noticed how some IT people seem to lead successful, rewarding, and satisfying lives and careers, while others struggle? IT author and speaker Don Crawley uncovered the five principles that successful IT people use to build satisfying lives and careers and he shares them in this fast-paced, thought-provoking webinar. You'll learn the importance of striking a balance with technical skills and people skills, challenge your pre-existing ideas about IT customer service, and gain new in...
Feb. 27, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 3,300