|By Business Wire||
|February 7, 2013 10:05 AM EST||
Big Data Storage enhancements, 3D data visualization and the growth of alternative marketplaces are among the top trends forecasted by practice leads at DataArt, a custom software development company that builds advanced solutions for select industries. Experts from Financial Services, Healthcare, Clean Tech, Travel & Hospitality, Mobile, and Cloud Computing shared their predictions based on customer feedback and industry research of this year’s major areas of expansion and focus for enterprise development. Predictions for 2013 include:
- Big Data storage access to increase: The increase of tools and enhancements will ease the use of Big Data storage and computation technologies for developers. Full text search and map reduce computations will be utilized actively in small data areas, previously labelled as Big Data technologies.
- The value of analytics to strengthen: As more businesses universally accept the use of analytics, the use of Natural Language Processing, information retrieval, semantics analysis and machine learning, GEO location analysis and speech recognition will further drive innovation in all industries.
- Data Visualization to increase: The use of 3D data visualization will increase to assist with analyzing and making better use of analytics, along with WebGL technologies continuing to evolve. The adoption of 3D printing is also set to increase and revolutionize healthcare and manufacturing.
- Mobile broadband to increase cloud adoption: The increased usage of mobile devices with broadband internet access will drive applications to adopt the cloud for data storage and processing. This will result in more mobile devices handling compute-intensive tasks by leveraging cloud services and full-scale computer vision capabilities to users.
- Growth in Machine to Machine (M2M) technology: There will be a shift in tools to develop for embedded devices, including better APIs, less complex programming languages and easier to use general programming skills. This, and the increase in overall mobile usage, will cause a greater push to M2M technologies; involving embedded, cloud and mobile.
- Finance to increase technology adoption: Fund managers, researchers and algorithmic traders will ramp up their investment in cloud and Big Data technologies, using them for their data management and analysis activities in 2013. Both new and existing market data vendors will begin offering an array of historical data that is pre-packaged with cloud hosting services for firms' computation-heavy tasks, including areas such as firm-wide risk and strategy back-testing. Fund administrators and other service providers may also join, thanks to their unique relationship with clients.
- Growth of alternative marketplaces: The market share of the traditional ways to trade, including both public exchanges and dealer markets, will further diminish. In equities, the volume of off-exchange execution via dark pools and other vehicles is expected to reach new historical highs. The fixed income world will also continue to experiment with various kinds of all-electronic trading platforms. The commissions of exchanges and established sell-side players will continue to shrink, requiring them to cut costs.
- Healthcare technology to increase innovation: With Personal Health Records (PHRs) becoming generally accepted and initiatives such as BlueButton making it easier to download and share medical records with different medical and insurance providers, the market will flourish with new mobile apps. Big Data companies will use data-mining and data analytic developments in healthcare to track certain patterns and interconnections to display personalized recommendations to the end user. 3D printing is on the way to becoming a mainstream technology for manufacturing medical components.
“Mobile computing will be reenergized in 2013, as new applications, more intuitive experiences and advances in everyday use are set to be introduced,” said Eugene Goland, President of DataArt. “This will also be the year that technology start-ups take advantage of market opportunities and introduce mobile innovations such as natural user interfaces, augmented reality and image recognition. We expect a growth in opportunities across the enterprise software space, including new hardware, with a push for innovative machine to machine technologies.”
is a custom software development company that builds advanced solutions
for the financial
services, healthcare, hospitality and other
industries. Combining domain knowledge with offshore cost advantages and
resource flexibility, DataArt develops industry-defining applications,
helping clients optimize time-to-market and minimize software
development risks in mission-critical systems. With an unrivaled talent
pool of highly skilled software engineers in New York, London, Russia
and Ukraine, DataArt provides the technical skill, accountability and
industry knowledge needed to deliver custom applications on time and on
budget. DataArt clients include
Standard & Poor’s, Harmonic Fund Services, Ogilvy, artnet, Panasonic,
Cancer Research, Ocado, Charles River Laboratories, Betfair, Misys,
leading asset management firms and three of the world’s top ten
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
Feb. 10, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 413
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 ad...
Feb. 10, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 389
Companies can harness IoT and predictive analytics to sustain business continuity; predict and manage site performance during emergencies; minimize expensive reactive maintenance; and forecast equipment and maintenance budgets and expenditures. Providing cost-effective, uninterrupted service is challenging, particularly for organizations with geographically dispersed operations.
Feb. 10, 2016 01:15 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Avere Systems, a leading provider of enterprise storage for the hybrid cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Avere delivers a more modern architectural approach to storage that doesn’t require the overprovisioning of storage capacity to achieve performance, overspending on expensive storage media for inactive data or the overbuilding of data centers ...
Feb. 10, 2016 12:45 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
Feb. 10, 2016 12:15 PM EST Reads: 422
SYS-CON Events announced today that VAI, a leading ERP software provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. VAI (Vormittag Associates, Inc.) is a leading independent mid-market ERP software developer renowned for its flexible solutions and ability to automate critical business functions for the distribution, manufacturing, specialty retail and service sectors. An IBM Premier Business Part...
Feb. 10, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 616
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, will discuss the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filte...
Feb. 10, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 182
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Feb. 10, 2016 10:45 AM EST Reads: 245
Fortunately, meaningful and tangible business cases for IoT are plentiful in a broad array of industries and vertical markets. These range from simple warranty cost reduction for capital intensive assets, to minimizing downtime for vital business tools, to creating feedback loops improving product design, to improving and enhancing enterprise customer experiences. All of these business cases, which will be briefly explored in this session, hinge on cost effectively extracting relevant data from ...
Feb. 10, 2016 10:45 AM EST Reads: 102
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies adopt disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevO...
Feb. 10, 2016 10:30 AM EST Reads: 214
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts...
Feb. 10, 2016 09:00 AM EST Reads: 382
As enterprises work to take advantage of Big Data technologies, they frequently become distracted by product-level decisions. In most new Big Data builds this approach is completely counter-productive: it presupposes tools that may not be a fit for development teams, forces IT to take on the burden of evaluating and maintaining unfamiliar technology, and represents a major up-front expense. In his session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Warfield, CTO and Co-Founder of Coho Data, will dis...
Feb. 10, 2016 09:00 AM EST Reads: 183
SYS-CON Events announced today that iDevices®, the preeminent brand in the connected home industry, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. iDevices, the preeminent brand in the connected home industry, has a growing line of HomeKit-enabled products available at the largest retailers worldwide. Through the “Designed with iDevices” co-development program and its custom-built IoT Cloud Infrastruc...
Feb. 10, 2016 08:00 AM EST
Eighty percent of a data scientist’s time is spent gathering and cleaning up data, and 80% of all data is unstructured and almost never analyzed. Cognitive computing, in combination with Big Data, is changing the equation by creating data reservoirs and using natural language processing to enable analysis of unstructured data sources. This is impacting every aspect of the analytics profession from how data is mined (and by whom) to how it is delivered. This is not some futuristic vision: it's ha...
Feb. 10, 2016 07:45 AM EST Reads: 435
Silver Spring Networks, Inc. (NYSE: SSNI) extended its Internet of Things technology platform with performance enhancements to Gen5 – its fifth generation critical infrastructure networking platform. Already delivering nearly 23 million devices on five continents as one of the leading networking providers in the market, Silver Spring announced it is doubling the maximum speed of its Gen5 network to up to 2.4 Mbps, increasing computational performance by 10x, supporting simultaneous mesh communic...
Feb. 10, 2016 07:00 AM EST
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, will provide an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data profes...
Feb. 10, 2016 12:45 AM EST Reads: 199
SYS-CON Events announced today that Men & Mice, the leading global provider of DNS, DHCP and IP address management overlay solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The Men & Mice Suite overlay solution is already known for its powerful application in heterogeneous operating environments, enabling enterprises to scale without fuss. Building on a solid range of diverse platform support,...
Feb. 10, 2016 12:00 AM EST Reads: 210
One of the bewildering things about DevOps is integrating the massive toolchain including the dozens of new tools that seem to crop up every year. Part of DevOps is Continuous Delivery and having a complex toolchain can add additional integration and setup to your developer environment. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Miko Matsumura, Chief Marketing Officer of Gradle Inc., will discuss which tools to use in a developer stack, how to provision the toolchain to minimize onboa...
Feb. 9, 2016 07:45 AM EST Reads: 103
SYS-CON Events announced today that Fusion, a leading provider of cloud services, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Fusion, a leading provider of integrated cloud solutions to small, medium and large businesses, is the industry's single source for the cloud. Fusion's advanced, proprietary cloud service platform enables the integration of leading edge solutions in the cloud, including clou...
Feb. 6, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 762
Most people haven’t heard the word, “gamification,” even though they probably, and perhaps unwittingly, participate in it every day. Gamification is “the process of adding games or game-like elements to something (as a task) so as to encourage participation.” Further, gamification is about bringing game mechanics – rules, constructs, processes, and methods – into the real world in an effort to engage people. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robert Endo, owner and engagement manager of Intrepid D...
Feb. 5, 2016 09:00 PM EST Reads: 823