|By Marketwired .||
|February 19, 2013 12:01 AM EST||
HELSINKI, FINLAND -- (Marketwire) -- 02/19/13 -- Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced Elisa (HEL: ELI1V), the market leading mobile services provider in Finland, has deployed Juniper Networks® MobileNext mobile packet core solution to support the future data growth in its network. Elisa is expecting a significant growth in data traffic primarily driven by the increased use of LTE-enabled mobile devices.
Elisa, the Finnish market leader in mobile subscriptions, offers nationwide and advanced 3G and 4G/LTE networks in Finland and is known for being first-to-market with advanced mobile services. To continue its position as a market leading innovator, Elisa implemented a fast-to-market, high-quality mobile data services from a highly cost-efficient platform.
- Elisa's deployment, underpinned by the Junos® operating system, uses the Juniper Networks MobileNext solution, the world's first open mobile packet core, to focus on service-specific performance and scalability with resilient security capabilities. The solution is built on a foundation of MX Series Universal Edge Routers, the agile platform that enables programmable scaling across bandwidth, subscribers and services while reducing infrastructure and operational complexity.
- Juniper Networks mobile core technology reduces packet core elements significantly, thus lowering CAPEX and OPEX through simplified network architecture as well as reduced power and space consumption.
- Additional OPEX savings are realized through simplifying common tasks like software upgrades and other routine network operations. This results in an improved customer experience, providing industry leading stability and reliability.
- MobileNext technology has the scale, performance and necessary features to support Elisa's projected data growth as the solution can support up to eight million sessions or mobile users simultaneously -- a set up rate of 48,000 sessions per second.
- Juniper Networks Professional Services has played a key role in Elisa's new network deployment by completing the integration of Juniper Networks mobile packet core solution to both Elisa's network and billing infrastructure. The Professional Services team provides leading system testing activities and supports Elisa with learning solution operations.
"Juniper's MobileNext solution has enabled Elisa to not only meet the demands of today's highly mobile world but also prepares us for the next generation of "anytime, anywhere" services. We methodically selected Juniper for our LTE expansion because they clearly understand mobile network innovation, and will deliver strategic value as our business partner rather than just a supplier."
- Timo Katajisto, executive vice president, Production, Elisa
"The MobileNext solution supports Elisa's goal to fortify its mobile business by enabling the roll-out of innovative services from a simplified, yet powerful, routing platform. In conjunction with providing a strong business partnership and technology expertise, Juniper can help Elisa take control of its business by removing traditional barriers that hold back innovation and revenue expansion."
- Mike Marcellin, senior vice president, strategy and marketing, Platform and Systems Division, Juniper Networks
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper at Mobile World Congress 2013
- Blog by Sean Dolan, senior vice president EMEA, Juniper Networks: http://forums.juniper.net/t5/Industry-Solutions-and-Trends/Cold-Snowy-Dark-But-Ready-for-LTE-in-Finland/ba-p/179391
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Elisa is a telecommunications and ICT service company, who's online and ICT services provide Finns with experiences, and businesses with productivity. Elisa serves approximately 2.2 million consumers, companies and public administration organisations. As the market leader in mobile subscriptions, Elisa offers the most comprehensive and fast 3G network and 4G speeds in Finland. In 2012, Elisa's revenue was EUR 1.55 billion and Elisa employed 3,860 people. Elisa offers international services in partnership with Vodafone and Telenor. For more details, go to www.elisa.com
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos and MobileNext are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
Sep. 30, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 487
Sep. 30, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 529
Sep. 30, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,986
Sep. 30, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 751
Sep. 30, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 444
Sep. 30, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,478
Sep. 30, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,755
Sep. 30, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 557
Sep. 30, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 234
Sep. 30, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 239
Sep. 30, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,025
Sep. 30, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,353
Sep. 30, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,296
Sep. 30, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,400
Sep. 30, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,753
Sep. 30, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,831
Sep. 30, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,223
Sep. 30, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,225
Sep. 30, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,264
Sep. 30, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 245