|By PR Newswire||
|February 17, 2014 08:02 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Analysis of Asia-Pacific Enterprise Mobile Collaboration Applications Market
Disruptive Integrated Applications and New Partnerships Drive Growth
This market insight includes analysis of the enterprise mobile collaboration applications market in the Asia-Pacific region. Market sizing and forecast is provided for Asia-Pacific in terms of unit shipment of licenses. Detailed discussion of different UC vendors' licensing models are provided. The competitive landscape is examined at a vendor level with profiles of key unified communication vendors in the region provided.
• The enterprise mobile collaboration applications market, as part of the unified communications (UC) applications offerings, is one of the fastest-growing segments in terms of revenue and number of users, with immense growth potential in the future.
• There were approximately X million active mobile collaboration application users across the Asia-Pacific region in 2013, and they frequently access enterprise email, messaging, voice, conferencing, and social networking applications on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
• Mobile email continues to be the largest segment in 2013, with the estimated number of active users reaching Xmillion in the Asia-Pacific region. Bundled applications are the most widely adopted, including mobile email, calendars, corporate directories, and IM/presence, with advanced features such as enterprise voice and conferencing.
• Mobile messaging is the fastest-evolving application with enterprise-grade mobile clients for IM/presence with highly secured access in high demand. Mobile voice is also growing quickly with the increasing penetration of voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) solutions among enterprises in Asia-Pacific.
1. Mobile email made up X% of the enterprise mobile collaboration applications market in 2013.
2. UC vendors launched or upgraded their mobile collaboration applications in 2013.
3. Mobility has become the key growth strategy for both UC vendors and service providers.
4. IM/presence, video conferencing, and voice are widely deployed, with more than a X% annual growth rate.
5. Hybrid models of premise-based solutions and cloud services are gaining momentum.
Market Definition and Scope
• For this study, Frost & Sullivan defines enterprise mobile collaboration solutions as those that utilize mobile clients provisioned to mobile platforms including iOS, Android, and Windows. Such applications include mobile email, mobile voice, mobile messaging, mobile conferencing, and mobile enterprise social networking.
• All of the mobile applications mentioned above can be provided either as stand-alone applications or as a single integrated client with various bundles of functionalities enabled. For example, Cisco Jabber is an integrated client offering features such as voice, IM, and video. IBM Notes Traveler is a stand-alone mobile email application.
• The scope of this study only covers premises-based deployments; hosted or cloud-based services that use virtualized software in a service provider cloud in either private or shared architectures are discussed in a separate study.
• Total market size and forecast are calculated based on unit shipment of mobility licenses including bundled packages and stand-alone applications. To avoid double counting, advanced and premium packages inclusive of multiple features and deployed via a single client are counted as one license.
• Market size and forecast by revenue are not provided in this study primarily because the pricing models vary among the leading market participants. This aspect will be discussed in detail later on in other study.
• Includes email and related calendaring software licenses installed on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. Examples include Microsoft Mobile Outlook and IBM Notes Traveler.
• Includes softphone clients installed on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. These mobile clients are able to deliver the enterprise telephony solutions. Examples include Cisco Jabber Voice, Avaya one-X mobile, and Microsoft Lync Voice. Mobile applications such as Skype and Viber are not included.
• Includes IM/presence and unified messaging applications installed on mobile devices. IM/presence indicates a user's real-time status within the corporate network; unified messaging integrates the storage of voice mail, fax, and email messages into a single platform accessible via email, phone, Web browser, or a unified client. Examples include Avaya Aura Messaging, Cisco Jabber for Everyone, and Microsoft Lync.
• Includes either stand-alone audio and video conferencing solutions or integrated solutions with enterprise communication tools such as email, IM/presence, and voice. Examples include Avaya Aura Conferencing with Avaya Flare Experience, Cisco Jabber, and Microsoft Lync Meetings.
• Includes enterprise social network and team collaboration applications on mobile devices. Examples include Salesforce Touch (Chatter) and Yammer On The Go.
Geographical Region Covered:
Asia-Pacific, including ANZ (Australia and New Zealand), ASEAN (Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia), Greater China (Mainland China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan), India, Japan, and South Korea
Base Year: 2013
Forecast Period: 2014 to 2018
The research methodology for this study includes:
• Interviews with equipment vendors, telecom operators, hosted/cloud service providers, channel partners, and customers
• Product use and demonstrations
• Frost & Sullivan published studies
• Decision support databases
• Company Web sites
• Published company financial statements
• IT journals and other secondary sources
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 3
Market Definition and Scope 6
Market Overview—Total Enterprises Mobile Collaboration Market 11
Enterprise Mobile Collaboration Applications Market—Forecast and Demand Analysis 15
Adoption Trends by Applications 20
Licensing Model Analysis 23
Competitive Analysis 26
The Last Word 31
The Frost & Sullivan Story 36
To order this report: Analysis of Asia-Pacific Enterprise Mobile Collaboration Applications Market
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
There is an ever-growing explosion of new devices that are connected to the Internet using “cloud” solutions. This rapid growth is creating a massive new demand for efficient access to data. And it’s not just about connecting to that data anymore. This new demand is bringing new issues and challenges and it is important for companies to scale for the coming growth. And with that scaling comes the need for greater security, gathering and data analysis, storage, connectivity and, of course, the...
May. 4, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,131
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 4, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 777
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, will discuss how leveraging the Industrial Interne...
May. 3, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,293
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to massively disrupt IoT. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, AJ Abdallat, CEO of Beyond AI, will discuss what the five main drivers are in Artificial Intelligence that could shape the future of the Internet of Things. AJ Abdallat is CEO of Beyond AI. He has over 20 years of management experience in the fields of artificial intelligence, sensors, instruments, devices and software for telecommunications, life sciences, environmental monitoring, process...
May. 3, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,210
The IETF draft standard for M2M certificates is a security solution specifically designed for the demanding needs of IoT/M2M applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Romansky, VP of Strategic Technology at TrustPoint Innovation, will explain how M2M certificates can efficiently enable confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity on highly constrained devices.
May. 3, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,212
Increasing IoT connectivity is forcing enterprises to find elegant solutions to organize and visualize all incoming data from these connected devices with re-configurable dashboard widgets to effectively allow rapid decision-making for everything from immediate actions in tactical situations to strategic analysis and reporting. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Shikhir Singh, Senior Developer Relations Manager at Sencha, will discuss how to create HTML5 dashboards that interact with IoT devic...
May. 3, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,324
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
May. 3, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 346
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
May. 3, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,284
We’ve worked with dozens of early adopters across numerous industries and will debunk common misperceptions, which starts with understanding that many of the connected products we’ll use over the next 5 years are already products, they’re just not yet connected. With an IoT product, time-in-market provides much more essential feedback than ever before. Innovation comes from what you do with the data that the connected product provides in order to enhance the customer experience and optimize busi...
May. 3, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,211
The increasing popularity of the Internet of Things necessitates that our physical and cognitive relationship with wearable technology will change rapidly in the near future. This advent means logging has become a thing of the past. Before, it was on us to track our own data, but now that data is automatically available. What does this mean for mHealth and the "connected" body? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Lisa Calkins, CEO and co-founder of Amadeus Consulting, will discuss the impact of wea...
May. 3, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,057
trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vice president of product management, IoT solutions at GlobalSign, will teach IoT developers how t...
May. 3, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 339
A critical component of any IoT project is the back-end systems that capture data from remote IoT devices and structure it in a way to answer useful questions. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle large data sets, but they are not well suited to many IoT-scale products and the need for real-time insights. At Fuze, we have developed a backend platform as part of our mobility-oriented cloud service that uses Big Data-based approache...
May. 3, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 346
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Klein, CEO and Co-founder of Rachio, will discuss next generation communities that are using IoT to create more sustainable, intelligent communities. One example is Sterling Ranch, a 10,000 home development that – with the help of Siemens – will integrate IoT technology into the community to provide residents with energy and water savings as well as intelligent security. Everything from stop lights to sprinkler systems to building infrastructures will run ef...
May. 3, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,188
Digital payments using wearable devices such as smart watches, fitness trackers, and payment wristbands are an increasing area of focus for industry participants, and consumer acceptance from early trials and deployments has encouraged some of the biggest names in technology and banking to continue their push to drive growth in this nascent market. Wearable payment systems may utilize near field communication (NFC), radio frequency identification (RFID), or quick response (QR) codes and barcodes...
May. 3, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 954
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
May. 3, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,179
You deployed your app with the Bluemix PaaS and it's gaining some serious traction, so it's time to make some tweaks. Did you design your application in a way that it can scale in the cloud? Were you even thinking about the cloud when you built the app? If not, chances are your app is going to break. Check out this webcast to learn various techniques for designing applications that will scale successfully in Bluemix, for the confidence you need to take your apps to the next level and beyond.
May. 3, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,593
SYS-CON Events announced today that Peak 10, Inc., a national IT infrastructure and cloud services provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Peak 10 provides reliable, tailored data center and network services, cloud and managed services. Its solutions are designed to scale and adapt to customers’ changing business needs, enabling them to lower costs, improve performance and focus inter...
May. 3, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,372
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
May. 3, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,460
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
May. 3, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,116
SYS-CON Events announced today that Fusion, a leading provider of cloud services, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Fusion, a leading provider of integrated cloud solutions to small, medium and large businesses, is the industry's single source for the cloud. Fusion's advanced, proprietary cloud service platform enables the integration of leading edge solutions in the cloud, including cloud...
May. 2, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,697