|By PR Newswire||
|February 17, 2014 08:02 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Analysis of Asia-Pacific Enterprise Mobile Collaboration Applications Market
Disruptive Integrated Applications and New Partnerships Drive Growth
This market insight includes analysis of the enterprise mobile collaboration applications market in the Asia-Pacific region. Market sizing and forecast is provided for Asia-Pacific in terms of unit shipment of licenses. Detailed discussion of different UC vendors' licensing models are provided. The competitive landscape is examined at a vendor level with profiles of key unified communication vendors in the region provided.
• The enterprise mobile collaboration applications market, as part of the unified communications (UC) applications offerings, is one of the fastest-growing segments in terms of revenue and number of users, with immense growth potential in the future.
• There were approximately X million active mobile collaboration application users across the Asia-Pacific region in 2013, and they frequently access enterprise email, messaging, voice, conferencing, and social networking applications on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
• Mobile email continues to be the largest segment in 2013, with the estimated number of active users reaching Xmillion in the Asia-Pacific region. Bundled applications are the most widely adopted, including mobile email, calendars, corporate directories, and IM/presence, with advanced features such as enterprise voice and conferencing.
• Mobile messaging is the fastest-evolving application with enterprise-grade mobile clients for IM/presence with highly secured access in high demand. Mobile voice is also growing quickly with the increasing penetration of voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) solutions among enterprises in Asia-Pacific.
1. Mobile email made up X% of the enterprise mobile collaboration applications market in 2013.
2. UC vendors launched or upgraded their mobile collaboration applications in 2013.
3. Mobility has become the key growth strategy for both UC vendors and service providers.
4. IM/presence, video conferencing, and voice are widely deployed, with more than a X% annual growth rate.
5. Hybrid models of premise-based solutions and cloud services are gaining momentum.
Market Definition and Scope
• For this study, Frost & Sullivan defines enterprise mobile collaboration solutions as those that utilize mobile clients provisioned to mobile platforms including iOS, Android, and Windows. Such applications include mobile email, mobile voice, mobile messaging, mobile conferencing, and mobile enterprise social networking.
• All of the mobile applications mentioned above can be provided either as stand-alone applications or as a single integrated client with various bundles of functionalities enabled. For example, Cisco Jabber is an integrated client offering features such as voice, IM, and video. IBM Notes Traveler is a stand-alone mobile email application.
• The scope of this study only covers premises-based deployments; hosted or cloud-based services that use virtualized software in a service provider cloud in either private or shared architectures are discussed in a separate study.
• Total market size and forecast are calculated based on unit shipment of mobility licenses including bundled packages and stand-alone applications. To avoid double counting, advanced and premium packages inclusive of multiple features and deployed via a single client are counted as one license.
• Market size and forecast by revenue are not provided in this study primarily because the pricing models vary among the leading market participants. This aspect will be discussed in detail later on in other study.
• Includes email and related calendaring software licenses installed on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. Examples include Microsoft Mobile Outlook and IBM Notes Traveler.
• Includes softphone clients installed on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. These mobile clients are able to deliver the enterprise telephony solutions. Examples include Cisco Jabber Voice, Avaya one-X mobile, and Microsoft Lync Voice. Mobile applications such as Skype and Viber are not included.
• Includes IM/presence and unified messaging applications installed on mobile devices. IM/presence indicates a user's real-time status within the corporate network; unified messaging integrates the storage of voice mail, fax, and email messages into a single platform accessible via email, phone, Web browser, or a unified client. Examples include Avaya Aura Messaging, Cisco Jabber for Everyone, and Microsoft Lync.
• Includes either stand-alone audio and video conferencing solutions or integrated solutions with enterprise communication tools such as email, IM/presence, and voice. Examples include Avaya Aura Conferencing with Avaya Flare Experience, Cisco Jabber, and Microsoft Lync Meetings.
• Includes enterprise social network and team collaboration applications on mobile devices. Examples include Salesforce Touch (Chatter) and Yammer On The Go.
Geographical Region Covered:
Asia-Pacific, including ANZ (Australia and New Zealand), ASEAN (Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia), Greater China (Mainland China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan), India, Japan, and South Korea
Base Year: 2013
Forecast Period: 2014 to 2018
The research methodology for this study includes:
• Interviews with equipment vendors, telecom operators, hosted/cloud service providers, channel partners, and customers
• Product use and demonstrations
• Frost & Sullivan published studies
• Decision support databases
• Company Web sites
• Published company financial statements
• IT journals and other secondary sources
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 3
Market Definition and Scope 6
Market Overview—Total Enterprises Mobile Collaboration Market 11
Enterprise Mobile Collaboration Applications Market—Forecast and Demand Analysis 15
Adoption Trends by Applications 20
Licensing Model Analysis 23
Competitive Analysis 26
The Last Word 31
The Frost & Sullivan Story 36
To order this report: Analysis of Asia-Pacific Enterprise Mobile Collaboration Applications Market
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
Cultural, regulatory, environmental, political and economic (CREPE) conditions over the past decade are creating cross-industry solution spaces that require processes and technologies from both the Internet of Things (IoT), and Data Management and Analytics (DMA). These solution spaces are evolving into Sensor Analytics Ecosystems (SAE) that represent significant new opportunities for organizations of all types. Public Utilities throughout the world, providing electricity, natural gas and water, are pursuing SmartGrid initiatives that represent one of the more mature examples of SAE. We have s...
Oct. 2, 2014 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 988
The Internet of Things (IoT) is going to require a new way of thinking and of developing software for speed, security and innovation. This requires IT leaders to balance business as usual while anticipating for the next market and technology trends. Cloud provides the right IT asset portfolio to help today’s IT leaders manage the old and prepare for the new. Today the cloud conversation is evolving from private and public to hybrid. This session will provide use cases and insights to reinforce the value of the network in helping organizations to maximize their company’s cloud experience.
Oct. 1, 2014 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,185
IoT is still a vague buzzword for many people. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Mike Kavis, Vice President & Principal Cloud Architect at Cloud Technology Partners, will discuss the business value of IoT that goes far beyond the general public's perception that IoT is all about wearables and home consumer services. The presentation will also discuss how IoT is perceived by investors and how venture capitalist access this space. Other topics to discuss are barriers to success, what is new, what is old, and what the future may hold.
Oct. 1, 2014 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,815
Whether you're a startup or a 100 year old enterprise, the Internet of Things offers a variety of new capabilities for your business. IoT style solutions can help you get closer your customers, launch new product lines and take over an industry. Some companies are dipping their toes in, but many have already taken the plunge, all while dramatic new capabilities continue to emerge. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Reid Carlberg, Senior Director, Developer Evangelism at salesforce.com, to discuss real-world use cases, patterns and opportunities you can harness today.
Oct. 1, 2014 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,196
All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices – computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors – connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades. With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be!
Oct. 1, 2014 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,391
Noted IoT expert and researcher Joseph di Paolantonio (pictured below) has joined the @ThingsExpo faculty. Joseph, who describes himself as an “Independent Thinker” from DataArchon, will speak on the topic of “Smart Grids & Managing Big Utilities.” Over his career, Joseph di Paolantonio has worked in the energy, renewables, aerospace, telecommunications, and information technology industries. His expertise is in data analysis, system engineering, Bayesian statistics, data warehouses, business intelligence, data mining, predictive methods, and very large databases (VLDB). Prior to DataArcho...
Oct. 1, 2014 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,072
Software AG helps organizations transform into Digital Enterprises, so they can differentiate from competitors and better engage customers, partners and employees. Using the Software AG Suite, companies can close the gap between business and IT to create digital systems of differentiation that drive front-line agility. We offer four on-ramps to the Digital Enterprise: alignment through collaborative process analysis; transformation through portfolio management; agility through process automation and integration; and visibility through intelligent business operations and big data.
Sep. 30, 2014 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,597
There will be 50 billion Internet connected devices by 2020. Today, every manufacturer has a propriety protocol and an app. How do we securely integrate these "things" into our lives and businesses in a way that we can easily control and manage? Even better, how do we integrate these "things" so that they control and manage each other so our lives become more convenient or our businesses become more profitable and/or safe? We have heard that the best interface is no interface. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Co-Founder & CTO at Octoblu, Inc., will discuss how thes...
Sep. 29, 2014 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,926
Last week, while in San Francisco, I used the Uber app and service four times. All four experiences were great, although one of the drivers stopped for 30 seconds and then left as I was walking up to the car. He must have realized I was a blogger. None the less, the next car was just a minute away and I suffered no pain. In this article, my colleague, Ved Sen, Global Head, Advisory Services Social, Mobile and Sensors at Cognizant shares his experiences and insights.
Sep. 28, 2014 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,565
We are reaching the end of the beginning with WebRTC and real systems using this technology have begun to appear. One challenge that faces every WebRTC deployment (in some form or another) is identity management. For example, if you have an existing service – possibly built on a variety of different PaaS/SaaS offerings – and you want to add real-time communications you are faced with a challenge relating to user management, authentication, authorization, and validation. Service providers will want to use their existing identities, but these will have credentials already that are (hopefully) ir...
Sep. 27, 2014 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,944
Can call centers hang up the phones for good? Intuitive Solutions did. WebRTC enabled this contact center provider to eliminate antiquated telephony and desktop phone infrastructure with a pure web-based solution, allowing them to expand beyond brick-and-mortar confines to a home-based agent model. It also ensured scalability and better service for customers, including MUY! Companies, one of the country's largest franchise restaurant companies with 232 Pizza Hut locations. This is one example of WebRTC adoption today, but the potential is limitless when powered by IoT. Attendees will learn rea...
Sep. 27, 2014 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,856
From telemedicine to smart cars, digital homes and industrial monitoring, the explosive growth of IoT has created exciting new business opportunities for real time calls and messaging. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Ivelin Ivanov, CEO and Co-Founder of Telestax, will share some of the new revenue sources that IoT created for Restcomm – the open source telephony platform from Telestax. Ivelin Ivanov is a technology entrepreneur who founded Mobicents, an Open Source VoIP Platform, to help create, deploy, and manage applications integrating voice, video and data. He is the co-founder ...
Sep. 27, 2014 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,319
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to create new business models as significant as those that were inspired by the Internet and the smartphone 20 and 10 years ago. What business, social and practical implications will this phenomenon bring? That's the subject of "Monetizing the Internet of Things: Perspectives from the Front Lines," an e-book released today and available free of charge from Aria Systems, the leading innovator in recurring revenue management.
Sep. 27, 2014 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,540
The Internet of Things will put IT to its ultimate test by creating infinite new opportunities to digitize products and services, generate and analyze new data to improve customer satisfaction, and discover new ways to gain a competitive advantage across nearly every industry. In order to help corporate business units to capitalize on the rapidly evolving IoT opportunities, IT must stand up to a new set of challenges.
Sep. 27, 2014 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,419
There’s Big Data, then there’s really Big Data from the Internet of Things. IoT is evolving to include many data possibilities like new types of event, log and network data. The volumes are enormous, generating tens of billions of logs per day, which raise data challenges. Early IoT deployments are relying heavily on both the cloud and managed service providers to navigate these challenges. In her session at 6th Big Data Expo®, Hannah Smalltree, Director at Treasure Data, to discuss how IoT, Big Data and deployments are processing massive data volumes from wearables, utilities and other mach...
Sep. 27, 2014 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,085
P2P RTC will impact the landscape of communications, shifting from traditional telephony style communications models to OTT (Over-The-Top) cloud assisted & PaaS (Platform as a Service) communication services. The P2P shift will impact many areas of our lives, from mobile communication, human interactive web services, RTC and telephony infrastructure, user federation, security and privacy implications, business costs, and scalability. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Erik Lagerway, Co-founder of Hookflash, will walk through the shifting landscape of traditional telephone and voice s...
Sep. 26, 2014 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,610
While great strides have been made relative to the video aspects of remote collaboration, audio technology has basically stagnated. Typically all audio is mixed to a single monaural stream and emanates from a single point, such as a speakerphone or a speaker associated with a video monitor. This leads to confusion and lack of understanding among participants especially regarding who is actually speaking. Spatial teleconferencing introduces the concept of acoustic spatial separation between conference participants in three dimensional space. This has been shown to significantly improve comprehe...
Sep. 26, 2014 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,528
The Internet of Things is tied together with a thin strand that is known as time. Coincidentally, at the core of nearly all data analytics is a timestamp. When working with time series data there are a few core principles that everyone should consider, especially across datasets where time is the common boundary. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Scott, Director of Enterprise Strategy & Architecture at MapR Technologies, will discuss single-value, geo-spatial, and log time series data. By focusing on enterprise applications and the data center, he will use OpenTSDB as an example...
Sep. 26, 2014 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,344
SYS-CON Events announced today that Gridstore™, the leader in software-defined storage (SDS) purpose-built for Windows Servers and Hyper-V, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Gridstore™ is the leader in software-defined storage purpose built for virtualization that is designed to accelerate applications in virtualized environments. Using its patented Server-Side Virtual Controller™ Technology (SVCT) to eliminate the I/O blender effect and accelerate applications Gridsto...
Sep. 26, 2014 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,722
The Transparent Cloud-computing Consortium (abbreviation: T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data processing High speed and high quality networks, and dramatic improvements in computer processing capabilities, have greatly changed the nature of applications and made the storing and processing of data on the network commonplace. These technological reforms have not only changed computers and smartphones, but are also changi...
Sep. 26, 2014 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,638