|By PR Newswire||
|February 17, 2014 08:02 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Analysis of Asia-Pacific Enterprise Mobile Collaboration Applications Market
Disruptive Integrated Applications and New Partnerships Drive Growth
This market insight includes analysis of the enterprise mobile collaboration applications market in the Asia-Pacific region. Market sizing and forecast is provided for Asia-Pacific in terms of unit shipment of licenses. Detailed discussion of different UC vendors' licensing models are provided. The competitive landscape is examined at a vendor level with profiles of key unified communication vendors in the region provided.
• The enterprise mobile collaboration applications market, as part of the unified communications (UC) applications offerings, is one of the fastest-growing segments in terms of revenue and number of users, with immense growth potential in the future.
• There were approximately X million active mobile collaboration application users across the Asia-Pacific region in 2013, and they frequently access enterprise email, messaging, voice, conferencing, and social networking applications on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
• Mobile email continues to be the largest segment in 2013, with the estimated number of active users reaching Xmillion in the Asia-Pacific region. Bundled applications are the most widely adopted, including mobile email, calendars, corporate directories, and IM/presence, with advanced features such as enterprise voice and conferencing.
• Mobile messaging is the fastest-evolving application with enterprise-grade mobile clients for IM/presence with highly secured access in high demand. Mobile voice is also growing quickly with the increasing penetration of voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) solutions among enterprises in Asia-Pacific.
1. Mobile email made up X% of the enterprise mobile collaboration applications market in 2013.
2. UC vendors launched or upgraded their mobile collaboration applications in 2013.
3. Mobility has become the key growth strategy for both UC vendors and service providers.
4. IM/presence, video conferencing, and voice are widely deployed, with more than a X% annual growth rate.
5. Hybrid models of premise-based solutions and cloud services are gaining momentum.
Market Definition and Scope
• For this study, Frost & Sullivan defines enterprise mobile collaboration solutions as those that utilize mobile clients provisioned to mobile platforms including iOS, Android, and Windows. Such applications include mobile email, mobile voice, mobile messaging, mobile conferencing, and mobile enterprise social networking.
• All of the mobile applications mentioned above can be provided either as stand-alone applications or as a single integrated client with various bundles of functionalities enabled. For example, Cisco Jabber is an integrated client offering features such as voice, IM, and video. IBM Notes Traveler is a stand-alone mobile email application.
• The scope of this study only covers premises-based deployments; hosted or cloud-based services that use virtualized software in a service provider cloud in either private or shared architectures are discussed in a separate study.
• Total market size and forecast are calculated based on unit shipment of mobility licenses including bundled packages and stand-alone applications. To avoid double counting, advanced and premium packages inclusive of multiple features and deployed via a single client are counted as one license.
• Market size and forecast by revenue are not provided in this study primarily because the pricing models vary among the leading market participants. This aspect will be discussed in detail later on in other study.
• Includes email and related calendaring software licenses installed on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. Examples include Microsoft Mobile Outlook and IBM Notes Traveler.
• Includes softphone clients installed on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. These mobile clients are able to deliver the enterprise telephony solutions. Examples include Cisco Jabber Voice, Avaya one-X mobile, and Microsoft Lync Voice. Mobile applications such as Skype and Viber are not included.
• Includes IM/presence and unified messaging applications installed on mobile devices. IM/presence indicates a user's real-time status within the corporate network; unified messaging integrates the storage of voice mail, fax, and email messages into a single platform accessible via email, phone, Web browser, or a unified client. Examples include Avaya Aura Messaging, Cisco Jabber for Everyone, and Microsoft Lync.
• Includes either stand-alone audio and video conferencing solutions or integrated solutions with enterprise communication tools such as email, IM/presence, and voice. Examples include Avaya Aura Conferencing with Avaya Flare Experience, Cisco Jabber, and Microsoft Lync Meetings.
• Includes enterprise social network and team collaboration applications on mobile devices. Examples include Salesforce Touch (Chatter) and Yammer On The Go.
Geographical Region Covered:
Asia-Pacific, including ANZ (Australia and New Zealand), ASEAN (Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia), Greater China (Mainland China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan), India, Japan, and South Korea
Base Year: 2013
Forecast Period: 2014 to 2018
The research methodology for this study includes:
• Interviews with equipment vendors, telecom operators, hosted/cloud service providers, channel partners, and customers
• Product use and demonstrations
• Frost & Sullivan published studies
• Decision support databases
• Company Web sites
• Published company financial statements
• IT journals and other secondary sources
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 3
Market Definition and Scope 6
Market Overview—Total Enterprises Mobile Collaboration Market 11
Enterprise Mobile Collaboration Applications Market—Forecast and Demand Analysis 15
Adoption Trends by Applications 20
Licensing Model Analysis 23
Competitive Analysis 26
The Last Word 31
The Frost & Sullivan Story 36
To order this report: Analysis of Asia-Pacific Enterprise Mobile Collaboration Applications Market
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 3, 2015 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 555
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducted a live demonstration of how quickly application development can happen when the need to comply wit...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 374
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Aug. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 350
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems, described how to revolutionize your archit...
Jul. 30, 2015 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,436
MuleSoft has announced the findings of its 2015 Connectivity Benchmark Report on the adoption and business impact of APIs. The findings suggest traditional businesses are quickly evolving into "composable enterprises" built out of hundreds of connected software services, applications and devices. Most are embracing the Internet of Things (IoT) and microservices technologies like Docker. A majority are integrating wearables, like smart watches, and more than half plan to generate revenue with APIs within the next year.
Jul. 30, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 160
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Opening Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, d...
Jul. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,094
In his keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Rodney Rogers, CEO of Virtustream, discussed the evolution of the company from inception to its recent acquisition by EMC – including personal insights, lessons learned (and some WTF moments) along the way. Learn how Virtustream’s unique approach of combining the economics and elasticity of the consumer cloud model with proper performance, application automation and security into a platform became a breakout success with enterprise customers and a natural fit for the EMC Federation.
Jul. 30, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,182
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed this very serious issue of profound change in the industry.
Jul. 29, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,311
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affect their organization.
Jul. 29, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,219
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world and it starts with business models and monetization strategies.
Jul. 28, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,781
Converging digital disruptions is creating a major sea change - Cisco calls this the Internet of Everything (IoE). IoE is the network connection of People, Process, Data and Things, fueled by Cloud, Mobile, Social, Analytics and Security, and it represents a $19Trillion value-at-stake over the next 10 years. In her keynote at @ThingsExpo, Manjula Talreja, VP of Cisco Consulting Services, discussed IoE and the enormous opportunities it provides to public and private firms alike. She will share what businesses must do to thrive in the IoE economy, citing examples from several industry sectors.
Jul. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,056
There will be 150 billion connected devices by 2020. New digital businesses have already disrupted value chains across every industry. APIs are at the center of the digital business. You need to understand what assets you have that can be exposed digitally, what their digital value chain is, and how to create an effective business model around that value chain to compete in this economy. No enterprise can be complacent and not engage in the digital economy. Learn how to be the disruptor and not the disruptee.
Jul. 27, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,057
Akana has released Envision, an enhanced API analytics platform that helps enterprises mine critical insights across their digital eco-systems, understand their customers and partners and offer value-added personalized services. “In today’s digital economy, data-driven insights are proving to be a key differentiator for businesses. Understanding the data that is being tunneled through their APIs and how it can be used to optimize their business and operations is of paramount importance,” said Alistair Farquharson, CTO of Akana.
Jul. 27, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 339
Business as usual for IT is evolving into a "Make or Buy" decision on a service-by-service conversation with input from the LOBs. How does your organization move forward with cloud? In his general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Paul Maravei, Regional Sales Manager, Hybrid Cloud and Managed Services at Cisco, discusses how Cisco and its partners offer a market-leading portfolio and ecosystem of cloud infrastructure and application services that allow you to uniquely and securely combine cloud business applications and services across multiple cloud delivery models.
Jul. 27, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,916
The enterprise market will drive IoT device adoption over the next five years. In his session at @ThingsExpo, John Greenough, an analyst at BI Intelligence, division of Business Insider, analyzed how companies will adopt IoT products and the associated cost of adopting those products. John Greenough is the lead analyst covering the Internet of Things for BI Intelligence- Business Insider’s paid research service. Numerous IoT companies have cited his analysis of the IoT. Prior to joining BI Intelligence, he worked analyzing bank technology for Corporate Insight and The Clearing House Payment...
Jul. 26, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,598
"Optimal Design is a technology integration and product development firm that specializes in connecting devices to the cloud," stated Joe Wascow, Co-Founder & CMO of Optimal Design, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 407
SYS-CON Events announced today that CommVault has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unp...
Jul. 25, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,982
Electric Cloud and Arynga have announced a product integration partnership that will bring Continuous Delivery solutions to the automotive Internet-of-Things (IoT) market. The joint solution will help automotive manufacturers, OEMs and system integrators adopt DevOps automation and Continuous Delivery practices that reduce software build and release cycle times within the complex and specific parameters of embedded and IoT software systems.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 490
"ciqada is a combined platform of hardware modules and server products that lets people take their existing devices or new devices and lets them be accessible over the Internet for their users," noted Geoff Engelstein of ciqada, a division of Mars International, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,566
Internet of Things is moving from being a hype to a reality. Experts estimate that internet connected cars will grow to 152 million, while over 100 million internet connected wireless light bulbs and lamps will be operational by 2020. These and many other intriguing statistics highlight the importance of Internet powered devices and how market penetration is going to multiply many times over in the next few years.
Jul. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,510