|By PR Newswire||
|February 17, 2014 08:02 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Analysis of Asia-Pacific Enterprise Mobile Collaboration Applications Market
Disruptive Integrated Applications and New Partnerships Drive Growth
This market insight includes analysis of the enterprise mobile collaboration applications market in the Asia-Pacific region. Market sizing and forecast is provided for Asia-Pacific in terms of unit shipment of licenses. Detailed discussion of different UC vendors' licensing models are provided. The competitive landscape is examined at a vendor level with profiles of key unified communication vendors in the region provided.
• The enterprise mobile collaboration applications market, as part of the unified communications (UC) applications offerings, is one of the fastest-growing segments in terms of revenue and number of users, with immense growth potential in the future.
• There were approximately X million active mobile collaboration application users across the Asia-Pacific region in 2013, and they frequently access enterprise email, messaging, voice, conferencing, and social networking applications on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
• Mobile email continues to be the largest segment in 2013, with the estimated number of active users reaching Xmillion in the Asia-Pacific region. Bundled applications are the most widely adopted, including mobile email, calendars, corporate directories, and IM/presence, with advanced features such as enterprise voice and conferencing.
• Mobile messaging is the fastest-evolving application with enterprise-grade mobile clients for IM/presence with highly secured access in high demand. Mobile voice is also growing quickly with the increasing penetration of voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) solutions among enterprises in Asia-Pacific.
1. Mobile email made up X% of the enterprise mobile collaboration applications market in 2013.
2. UC vendors launched or upgraded their mobile collaboration applications in 2013.
3. Mobility has become the key growth strategy for both UC vendors and service providers.
4. IM/presence, video conferencing, and voice are widely deployed, with more than a X% annual growth rate.
5. Hybrid models of premise-based solutions and cloud services are gaining momentum.
Market Definition and Scope
• For this study, Frost & Sullivan defines enterprise mobile collaboration solutions as those that utilize mobile clients provisioned to mobile platforms including iOS, Android, and Windows. Such applications include mobile email, mobile voice, mobile messaging, mobile conferencing, and mobile enterprise social networking.
• All of the mobile applications mentioned above can be provided either as stand-alone applications or as a single integrated client with various bundles of functionalities enabled. For example, Cisco Jabber is an integrated client offering features such as voice, IM, and video. IBM Notes Traveler is a stand-alone mobile email application.
• The scope of this study only covers premises-based deployments; hosted or cloud-based services that use virtualized software in a service provider cloud in either private or shared architectures are discussed in a separate study.
• Total market size and forecast are calculated based on unit shipment of mobility licenses including bundled packages and stand-alone applications. To avoid double counting, advanced and premium packages inclusive of multiple features and deployed via a single client are counted as one license.
• Market size and forecast by revenue are not provided in this study primarily because the pricing models vary among the leading market participants. This aspect will be discussed in detail later on in other study.
• Includes email and related calendaring software licenses installed on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. Examples include Microsoft Mobile Outlook and IBM Notes Traveler.
• Includes softphone clients installed on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. These mobile clients are able to deliver the enterprise telephony solutions. Examples include Cisco Jabber Voice, Avaya one-X mobile, and Microsoft Lync Voice. Mobile applications such as Skype and Viber are not included.
• Includes IM/presence and unified messaging applications installed on mobile devices. IM/presence indicates a user's real-time status within the corporate network; unified messaging integrates the storage of voice mail, fax, and email messages into a single platform accessible via email, phone, Web browser, or a unified client. Examples include Avaya Aura Messaging, Cisco Jabber for Everyone, and Microsoft Lync.
• Includes either stand-alone audio and video conferencing solutions or integrated solutions with enterprise communication tools such as email, IM/presence, and voice. Examples include Avaya Aura Conferencing with Avaya Flare Experience, Cisco Jabber, and Microsoft Lync Meetings.
• Includes enterprise social network and team collaboration applications on mobile devices. Examples include Salesforce Touch (Chatter) and Yammer On The Go.
Geographical Region Covered:
Asia-Pacific, including ANZ (Australia and New Zealand), ASEAN (Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia), Greater China (Mainland China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan), India, Japan, and South Korea
Base Year: 2013
Forecast Period: 2014 to 2018
The research methodology for this study includes:
• Interviews with equipment vendors, telecom operators, hosted/cloud service providers, channel partners, and customers
• Product use and demonstrations
• Frost & Sullivan published studies
• Decision support databases
• Company Web sites
• Published company financial statements
• IT journals and other secondary sources
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 3
Market Definition and Scope 6
Market Overview—Total Enterprises Mobile Collaboration Market 11
Enterprise Mobile Collaboration Applications Market—Forecast and Demand Analysis 15
Adoption Trends by Applications 20
Licensing Model Analysis 23
Competitive Analysis 26
The Last Word 31
The Frost & Sullivan Story 36
To order this report: Analysis of Asia-Pacific Enterprise Mobile Collaboration Applications Market
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and sh...
Feb. 27, 2017 09:15 PM EST Reads: 4,166
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Feb. 27, 2017 08:30 PM EST Reads: 824
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it m...
Feb. 27, 2017 08:00 PM EST Reads: 7,957
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, looked at differ...
Feb. 27, 2017 07:45 PM EST Reads: 7,366
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Feb. 27, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 2,255
SYS-CON Events announced today that IoT Now has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IoT Now explores the evolving opportunities and challenges facing CSPs, and it passes on some lessons learned from those who have taken the first steps in next-gen IoT services.
Feb. 27, 2017 07:15 PM EST Reads: 1,971
SYS-CON Events announced today that WineSOFT will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Based in Seoul and Irvine, WineSOFT is an innovative software house focusing on internet infrastructure solutions. The venture started as a bootstrap start-up in 2010 by focusing on making the internet faster and more powerful. WineSOFT’s knowledge is based on the expertise of TCP/IP, VPN, SSL, peer-to-peer, mob...
Feb. 27, 2017 07:00 PM EST Reads: 2,199
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, discussed the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports.
Feb. 27, 2017 07:00 PM EST Reads: 2,598
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, whic...
Feb. 27, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 2,132
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Feb. 27, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 8,312
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Feb. 27, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 627
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Steve Wilkes, CTO and founder of Striim, will delve into four enterprise-scale, business-critical case studies where streaming analytics serves as the key to enabling real-time data integration and right-time insights in hybrid cloud, IoT, and fog computing environments. As part of this discussion, he will also present a demo based on its partnership with Fujitsu, highlighting their technologies in a healthcare IoT use-case. The demo showcases the tracking of patie...
Feb. 27, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,509
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life settle...
Feb. 27, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,867
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Feb. 27, 2017 03:30 PM EST Reads: 2,337
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Feb. 27, 2017 02:45 PM EST Reads: 2,655
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloud Academy will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cloud Academy is the industry’s most innovative, vendor-neutral cloud technology training platform. Cloud Academy provides continuous learning solutions for individuals and enterprise teams for Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and the most popular cloud computing technologies. Ge...
Feb. 27, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 2,014
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Feb. 27, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 2,556
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Feb. 27, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 2,103
Have you ever noticed how some IT people seem to lead successful, rewarding, and satisfying lives and careers, while others struggle? IT author and speaker Don Crawley uncovered the five principles that successful IT people use to build satisfying lives and careers and he shares them in this fast-paced, thought-provoking webinar. You'll learn the importance of striking a balance with technical skills and people skills, challenge your pre-existing ideas about IT customer service, and gain new in...
Feb. 27, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 3,286
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and shared the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the develop...
Feb. 27, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 6,772