|By Marketwired .||
|May 20, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/20/14 -- Cisco Live! -- Demonstrating accelerating momentum for its new cloud business, Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) today announced new cloud partners and customers, an updated array of cloud service offerings, and key cloud organization leadership appointments.
Today's news builds on plans announced in March by Cisco to build the world's largest global Intercloud together with its partners to address customer requirements for a globally distributed, highly secure cloud platform capable of meeting the robust demands of the Internet of Everything. Designed for high-value application workloads, with real-time analytics and "near infinite" scalability, Cisco's open Intercloud allows local hosting and local provider options that enable data sovereignty. The hybrid cloud capabilities that differentiate the Cisco® Cloud are built upon the Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) and Cisco Intercloud Fabric technologies.
Today's Announcement Highlights
- Dimension Data and Sungard Availability Services (Sungard AS) will join Telstra as Cisco Intercloud partners -- cloud providers that will invest with Cisco to align their public cloud infrastructure to the Cisco Cloud architecture and deliver Cisco Cloud services to customers and resellers.
- VCE and NetApp announced they will collaborate closely with Cisco to build "Intercloud-ready" integrated infrastructure solutions.
- Johnson Controls announced that it will enable Cisco Cloud partners and customers to quickly add computing capacity via modular data center solutions.
- Accenture has licensed Cisco Intelligent Automation for Cloud software to expand the cloud management and orchestration capabilities of the Accenture Cloud Platform.
Partner and Customer Momentum in Detail
- Dimension Data and Cisco will expand their 23-year relationship to accelerate and streamline hybrid cloud adoption globally. Cisco will use Dimension Data's Managed Cloud Platform and SaaS solutions to deliver a suite of midmarket cloud services to its customers and resellers. Dimension Data and Cisco will partner to deliver an infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) solution that will be packaged with Cisco technology and software-as-a-service (SaaS) applications, including Microsoft SQL Server and SharePoint. The Cisco validated and co-branded solutions will be sold by Cisco through the Cisco channel partner community. Dimension Data's global cloud service is available via 10 data centers around the world, with plans to expand to 13 locations by September 2014. As a Cisco Intercloud partner, Dimension Data will evolve its Managed Cloud Platform to embrace Cisco ACI and Intercloud Fabric -- the building blocks of the Cisco Cloud architecture.
- Sungard Availability Services is a Cisco Intercloud partner, utilizing its cloud infrastructure to deliver new Cisco Cloud services to customers and resellers. As a Cisco Intercloud partner, Sungard AS is expanding its cloud infrastructure utilizing the foundational elements of the Cisco Cloud architecture, including Cisco ACI. Sungard AS is poised to become the first cloud provider to market with a Cisco ACI-based public cloud offer built on an application-centric cloud architecture. Cisco will feature two cloud services from Sungard AS in its service catalog: an IaaS offering that enables customers to rapidly deploy hybrid clouds; and a disaster recovery-as-a-service offering to deliver business continuity.
- VCE today announced it will integrate Cisco's Intercloud Fabric with Vblock Systems. By providing an onramp to Cisco's Intercloud workload migration capabilities, VCE Vblock Systems will enable customers to rapidly, seamlessly and securely manage their private, hybrid and public cloud environments. This integration will enable the management of cloud-enabled workloads across heterogeneous environments to be centralized with consistent network and security policies and optimized to fit the needs of the business.
- NetApp today announced plans to integrate its industry-leading data management technology with Cisco's Intercloud technology to simplify secure, cross-cloud interoperability and to accelerate adoption of hybrid clouds by mutual customers. NetApp and Cisco will also incorporate the Cisco Intercloud Fabric into the FlexPod roadmap. By delivering uniform control across workload locations, FlexPod will be able to combine the transformative power of public cloud computing with private cloud deployments. More broadly across their portfolio, NetApp will continue to integrate its clustered Data ONTAP technology with the Cisco Intercloud Fabric and Cisco ACI policy control to centralize and simplify data management and data movement for cloud-enabled application workloads.
- Accenture has licensed Cisco Intelligent Automation for Cloud (IAC) software as a component of its Accenture Cloud Platform (ACP). Cisco IAC will provide the cloud management and orchestration software for the next release of the Accenture Cloud Platform (ACP), Accenture's cloud management platform that provides value-added cloud services to clients, and for public cloud services offered by other cloud providers. Cisco IAC was chosen as ACP's preferred cloud management software on the strength of its service catalog and orchestration capabilities.
- Johnson Controls is the preferred global provider of modular data center solutions for the Cisco Cloud. By using modular components for computing, communications, security, power and cooling, the timelines for new data center construction are cut in half, allowing Cisco Cloud customers and partners to quickly deploy "Intercloud-ready" computing capabilities. Johnson Controls also offers the ability to manage and remotely monitor data center facilities for Cisco Cloud customers and partners. As a multi-industrial company and industry leader in facility construction and management, Johnson Controls provides facility management services in more than 250 data centers across 29 countries.
- The University of British Columbia (UBC) announced that it will use Cisco EnergyWise cloud energy management services, which deliver automated management of electricity usage. UBC will use Cisco EnergyWise cloud energy management services to expand its current EnergyWise networked devices 10-fold and will work together with Cisco to develop custom interfaces so additional devices can be managed by EnergyWise.
- Cisco announced that it has surpassed 175 channel partners, including CDW and GTRI, who are now certified to manage and resell Cisco Cloud services.
Cisco Names Key Cloud Leaders
Cisco today announced the appointment of Cisco Cloud executives responsible for driving the company's cloud strategy.
- Nick Earle will lead the Cloud and Managed Services organization, reporting to senior vice president of Services Edzard Overbeek.
- Dr. Gee Rittenhouse will lead the new Cloud and Virtualization Group under executive vice president and chief development officer Pankaj Patel.
- Faiyaz Shahpurwala continues to lead the Cloud Infrastructure and Managed Services Organization, also reporting to Edzard Overbeek.
More than 3,700 Cisco employees are now driving the execution of Cisco's cloud strategy, including top new talent and existing Cisco leaders such as Edison Peres, who has directed Cisco's worldwide channel efforts for over 10 years and will lead the Cloud and Managed Services partner organization, reporting to Nick Earle. Several new Cisco Cloud executives have deep experience in deploying global cloud services, including a former OpenStack team lead at AT&T, former OpenStack developers at AT&T, and the former chief cloud architect at Yahoo. Cisco has also recently made key additions to its cloud organization from top cloud providers, including Amazon, CenturyLink Technology Solutions, IBM, Microsoft and others.
Rob Lloyd, President, Development and Sales, Cisco
"Since we introduced Cisco Cloud in late March, we have seen tremendous interest from our valued partners and customers, most of whom are interested in cloud environments that are open, highly secure, extensible, and enable data sovereignty. Furthermore, they are looking to Cisco for a network-centric approach to faster IT and cloud innovation. We are very pleased at the momentum we've generated thus far and have put a world-class team in place to enable our partners and customers to grow their businesses in a world of many clouds."
Brett Dawson, CEO of Dimension Data
"Over our 23 year relationship with Cisco, we have had many successes in the marketplace together and cloud is no exception. Dimension Data is proud to be the first global Intercloud partner. We have been providing cloud services for many years and have developed a robust global cloud service -- available across all continents. We are extremely excited to support Cisco and its partners in accelerating the market's move to cloud services."
Andrew Stern, CEO, Sungard Availability Services
"Companies of all sizes need secure, flexible hybrid cloud solutions to respond to evolving market demands. Our deployment of Cisco's Application Centric Infrastructure coupled with our Sungard AS Enterprise Cloud Service will enable our customers to accelerate the deployment and management of applications in hybrid cloud environments."
Todd Pavone, Executive Vice President, Product Strategy & Development, VCE
"The Cisco Cloud strategy is to build the platform for the Internet of Everything by connecting the world of many clouds into the Intercloud. VCE will help Cisco accomplish this ambitious goal by enabling enterprises and cloud providers to build hybrid-ready private clouds based on proven true converged infrastructure from VCE. Together, VCE and Cisco can deliver 'Intercloud-ready' Vblock Systems that further accelerate IT transformation by enabling secure workload migration between public and private clouds while simplifying infrastructure management, increasing business agility and lowering costs."
Phil Brotherton, Vice President, Cloud Solutions Group, NetApp
"Cisco's Intercloud vision aligns with NetApp's approach to enable customers to manage and maintain governance of their data spanning private and public cloud environments, irrespective of data type or location. Our companies continue to invest to deliver on the vision of FlexPod, building a secure, dynamic infrastructure to accelerate IT transformation. Now we're integrating Intercloud fabric into the FlexPod platform to deliver dramatic improvements in operational efficiency and simplicity. Cisco Intercloud will help customers build the enterprise network and data management organizations need for the future."
Jack Sepple, Accenture Senior Managing Director of Infrastructure Services & Cloud
"The Accenture Cloud Platform is key to our client's success in integrating and managing cloud services in a hybrid IT environment. The integration of Cisco's Intelligent Automation for Cloud software will make a significant contribution to the way our clients can access and consume value-added cloud services."
Dave Myers, President, Building Efficiency, Johnson Controls
"Evolving needs and increased speed and mobility are pushing businesses to use, compute and store data in ways that touch each of us, every day. Employee information, retirement accounts and even your cell phone records are most likely hosted in a cloud. Our relationship with Cisco makes sure that those clouds are supported by reliable and secure data centers that are designed to meet today's needs and easily adapt for the future."
Brent Sauder, Director of Strategic Partnerships, the University of British Columbia
"UBC, like many North American cities and municipalities, is facing a threat to its energy sustainability -- increased demand is taxing the existing infrastructure. UBC and Cisco are pursuing activities that will explore, develop and validate new strategies for energy sustainability and demand management, including EnergyWise to address the need for smart, energy efficient IT and building asset management. EnergyWise Cloud Service will enable us to move from a small on-premise proof-of-concept to a potentially full-campus scale deployment with dramatically reduced project timelines and resources. With a cloud delivery model, the economic impact and ROI of EnergyWise can be realized almost immediately."
Christine Holloway, Vice President of Converged Infrastructure Solutions at CDW
"The Cisco Cloud will help jumpstart the market with compelling cloud solutions branded by Cisco. We believe the new hybrid cloud bundles, validated by Cisco, will meet the needs of our midmarket customer. Our customers can rest assured that their favorable experience with Cisco validated CPE solutions will be the same with a Cisco validated Cloud services, and these new solutions are a great entry point for customers to adopt and recognize the benefits of hybrid cloud."
Greg Byles, CEO, Global Technology Resources, Inc. (GTRI)
"There is a healthy appetite for cloud services in the marketplace today, and as offerings continue to multiply, customers are becoming more selective in their choices as they look to optimize their IT spend. Customers are more comfortable embracing cloud services backed by leading, experienced and stable vendors. Cisco represents an experienced and proven cloud leader that stands behind what they sell. This is what gives peace of mind to us and our customers."
- News Release: Cisco Advances Cloud Strategy with Additional Cloud Partners and Customers, Updated Offerings and Leadership Appointments
- News Release: Cisco and Dimension Data to Accelerate Global Hybrid Cloud Adoption
- Cisco Blog: Cisco is Moving Fast with our Partners to Deliver on the Promise of an Intercloud (Rob Lloyd, president, Development and Sales)
- Cisco Blog: Cloud Evolution - A Journey Together (Edison Peres, senior vice president, Cloud and Managed Services partner organization)
- NetApp Blog: Moving from Cloud Vision to Reality (Phil Brotherton, vice president, Cloud Solutions Group, NetApp)
- VCE Blog: VCE to Integrate Cisco Intercloud
Cisco Cloud Services, Intercloud, Application Centric Infrastructure, Robert Lloyd
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/rss-feeds
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Apr. 29, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 309
The IoT has the potential to create a renaissance of manufacturing in the US and elsewhere. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Florent Solt, CTO and chief architect of Netvibes, will discuss how the expected exponential increase in the amount of data that will be processed, transported, stored, and accessed means there will be a huge demand for smart technologies to deliver it. Florent Solt is the CTO and chief architect of Netvibes. Prior to joining Netvibes in 2007, he co-founded Rift Technol...
Apr. 29, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,539
Join IBM June 8 at 18th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and learn how to innovate like a startup and scale for the enterprise. You need to deliver quality applications faster and cheaper, attract and retain customers with an engaging experience across devices, and seamlessly integrate your enterprise systems. And you can't take 12 months to do it.
Apr. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,775
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, will discuss how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to im...
Apr. 29, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,621
This is not a small hotel event. It is also not a big vendor party where politicians and entertainers are more important than real content. This is Cloud Expo, the world's longest-running conference and exhibition focused on Cloud Computing and all that it entails. If you want serious presentations and valuable insight about Cloud Computing for three straight days, then register now for Cloud Expo.
Apr. 29, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,669
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
Apr. 29, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 870
IoT device adoption is growing at staggering rates, and with it comes opportunity for developers to meet consumer demand for an ever more connected world. Wireless communication is the key part of the encompassing components of any IoT device. Wireless connectivity enhances the device utility at the expense of ease of use and deployment challenges. Since connectivity is fundamental for IoT device development, engineers must understand how to overcome the hurdles inherent in incorporating multipl...
Apr. 29, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,415
The paradigm has shifted. A Gartner survey shows that 43% of organizations are using or plan to implement the Internet of Things in 2016. However, not just a handful of companies are still using the old-style ad-hoc trial-and-error ways, unaware of the critical barriers, paint points, traps, and hidden roadblocks. How can you become a winner? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan will present a methodical approach to guide the holistic adoption and enablement of IoT implementations. This ov...
Apr. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,547
We’ve worked with dozens of early adopters across numerous industries and will debunk common misperceptions, which starts with understanding that many of the connected products we’ll use over the next 5 years are already products, they’re just not yet connected. With an IoT product, time-in-market provides much more essential feedback than ever before. Innovation comes from what you do with the data that the connected product provides in order to enhance the customer experience and optimize busi...
Apr. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 845
The IETF draft standard for M2M certificates is a security solution specifically designed for the demanding needs of IoT/M2M applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Romansky, VP of Strategic Technology at TrustPoint Innovation, will explain how M2M certificates can efficiently enable confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity on highly constrained devices.
Apr. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 981
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to massively disrupt IoT. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, AJ Abdallat, CEO of Beyond AI, will discuss what the five main drivers are in Artificial Intelligence that could shape the future of the Internet of Things. AJ Abdallat is CEO of Beyond AI. He has over 20 years of management experience in the fields of artificial intelligence, sensors, instruments, devices and software for telecommunications, life sciences, environmental monitoring, process...
Apr. 29, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 794
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
Apr. 29, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 775
SYS-CON Events announced today that Stratoscale, the software company developing the next generation data center operating system, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Stratoscale is revolutionizing the data center with a zero-to-cloud-in-minutes solution. With Stratoscale’s hardware-agnostic, Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) solution to store everything, run anything and scale everywhere...
Apr. 29, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,493
Angular 2 is a complete re-write of the popular framework AngularJS. Programming in Angular 2 is greatly simplified – now it's a component-based well-performing framework. This immersive one-day workshop at 18th Cloud Expo, led by Yakov Fain, a Java Champion and a co-founder of the IT consultancy Farata Systems and the product company SuranceBay, will provide you with everything you wanted to know about Angular 2.
Apr. 29, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,653
SYS-CON Events announced today that Men & Mice, the leading global provider of DNS, DHCP and IP address management overlay solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The Men & Mice Suite overlay solution is already known for its powerful application in heterogeneous operating environments, enabling enterprises to scale without fuss. Building on a solid range of diverse platform support,...
Apr. 29, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,235
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Klein, CEO and Co-founder of Rachio, will discuss next generation communities that are using IoT to create more sustainable, intelligent communities. One example is Sterling Ranch, a 10,000 home development that – with the help of Siemens – will integrate IoT technology into the community to provide residents with energy and water savings as well as intelligent security. Everything from stop lights to sprinkler systems to building infrastructures will run ef...
Apr. 29, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 494
You deployed your app with the Bluemix PaaS and it's gaining some serious traction, so it's time to make some tweaks. Did you design your application in a way that it can scale in the cloud? Were you even thinking about the cloud when you built the app? If not, chances are your app is going to break. Check out this webcast to learn various techniques for designing applications that will scale successfully in Bluemix, for the confidence you need to take your apps to the next level and beyond.
Apr. 29, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,425
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, will discuss how leveraging the Industrial Interne...
Apr. 29, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,118
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Apr. 29, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,005
Increasing IoT connectivity is forcing enterprises to find elegant solutions to organize and visualize all incoming data from these connected devices with re-configurable dashboard widgets to effectively allow rapid decision-making for everything from immediate actions in tactical situations to strategic analysis and reporting. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Shikhir Singh, Senior Developer Relations Manager at Sencha, will discuss how to create HTML5 dashboards that interact with IoT devic...
Apr. 29, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 856