|By Marketwired .||
|July 29, 2014 11:31 AM EDT||
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/29/14 -- The Internet of Everything (IoE) continues to bring together people, processes, data and things at an unparalleled rate. As IT organizations adapt to address new opportunities, success increasingly depends on whether IT and networking professionals gain the knowledge and skills essential to fulfill evolving industry job roles. Today, Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) announced a major revision of the CCNP® Routing and Switching certification; introduced specialist certifications pertaining to network programmability, the Internet of Things (IoT) and business transformation; and revealed other enterprise solutions training in collaboration. These offerings help enterprise professionals overcome challenges surrounding technology transitions and the demands for producing stronger business outcomes.
Dramatic technology transitions, business pressures for higher productivity, and the rising globalization and consumerization of IT are reshaping the nature of network and IT infrastructure job roles and associated skills. Technology innovations in automation, analytics and software-defined networking will result in systems that are easier to deploy, operate and evolve. Reskilling and comprehensive staff education across technical and business disciplines are also needed to manage risks and deliver innovative solutions for business transformation. Finally, continuous and extensive collaboration, within IT groups and among IT and Line of Business employees, are required to create superior IT-driven business outcomes.
Today's launch underscores Cisco's commitment to delivering high-impact certification and training programs for IT and OT networking professionals and learners. New offerings help workers gain capabilities essential for performing critical activities now, while also building the expertise needed to successfully perform future IT, OT and networking roles.
CCNP Routing and Switching Certification:
- As enterprises evolve to accommodate market and technology transitions, the role of the traditional network engineer will also transform. The Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Routing and Switching certification update is designed to keep pace with evolving job roles. The updates will provide learners with more current and forward looking educational topics, such as IPv6 addressing workforce mobility and the proliferation of Internet-connected devices while supporting network scale and accommodating the continued growth of IoE.
Network Programmability Specialists:
- Open networks have become an integral part of IT conversations globally. As this technology evolves, the opening up of the network and the network's virtualization will help organizations focus more on automation, creating new job roles while making routine networking tasks easier.
- Business Application Engineer, Network Application Developer, Network Programmability Design Specialist and Network Programmability Engineer job roles are emerging in the marketplace. To help enterprises benefit further from automation and keep pace with the changes involved in network design and operation, Cisco is introducing four Network Programmability Specialist certifications. These job-role oriented accreditations support technical staff in more closely integrating networking with business applications.
Cisco Industrial Networking Specialist:
- The convergence of Information and Operational Technologies is expanding IP Networking and Ethernet connectivity on the industrial plant floor. This creates demand for skilled professionals who understand three-way interactions among IT, networking and traditional control systems. Control system engineers and plant technicians will need to be reskilled on networking in order to do their jobs without stoppages or downtime.
- In order to help scale IoT, it is currently estimated that 220,000 IT/OT engineers are needed every year. The Cisco Industrial Networking Specialist Certification is the first step that Cisco and its partners are taking to address the skills gap challenge in the IoT arena.
Cisco Enterprise IT Business Specialist:
- Most technology initiatives are driven by an underlying business goal. Organizations are transforming business models and creating new digital strategies to maintain a competitive advantage, drive growth, gain flexibility and manage risk. CIOs and their HR staff seek technology professionals who understand business priorities, can maximize the financial benefits from IT investments and have the ability to communicate in terms familiar to business decision-makers. Certified Enterprise IT Business Specialists are able to distinguish themselves among peers, as effective role models who drive IT-enabled business transformation.
- The Cisco Enterprise IT Business Specialist certification provides technical candidates with a holistic set of skills. Related training helps mid-level IT professionals make stronger contributions to business-focused activities and decisions. Candidates gain knowledge and techniques enabling them to better understand how to define, design, implement and support IT projects, either within central IT or a Line of Business unit. The certification validates that candidates can understand business needs, appreciate the financial costs and benefits of an IT solution, identify actions to gain broader adoption of IT capabilities, plus influence and communicate effectively with business leaders.
Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise Training:
- In order to deliver the most efficient and effective IT-driven business outcomes, collaboration within the IT organization and between IT and business employees will be required. The Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE) v10.0 Training helps learners to design, configure and deploy a leading and effective customer collaboration solution with integrated cloud and mobility features and APIs.
- Zeus Kerravala, founder and principal analyst, ZK Research: "Cisco's approach to technology innovation in the areas of automation, analytics and software-defined networking, or network programmability, results in systems that will be easier for organizations to deploy, operate, use and evolve. Following this innovation with comprehensive staff education, across both technical and business disciplines, will ensure IT organizations are getting the most from every IT staff member, as well as the technical systems and business processes they direct."
- Gary Pearsons, vice president and general manager, Customer Support and Maintenance Business, Rockwell Automation: "Manufacturers looking to establish a connected industrial enterprise require the ability to integrate information across IT and control systems. Cisco's announcement aligns with the need for collaboration between both the IT and operations organizations, driving the most effective and efficient enterprise-wide business outcomes. The Industrial Networking Specialist certification further expands the portfolio of products, solutions and services our customers can experience today through our collaboration with Cisco."
- Jeanne Beliveau-Dunn, vice president and general manager, [email protected]: "Over the past several years, our customers have seen constant pressure to use IT as a strategic lever to produce new outcomes for their businesses. They are looking for outcomes of increased productivity, faster growth and innovation as they globalize, and to mobilize their operations while better serving the digital consumer. This is leading to a rapid evolution in the way technology is implemented by organizations. In addition, the IoE continues to network people, processes, data and things, widening an already present skills gap. What we are seeing today is a new model of IT, one that is simple, smart and secure. As networks continue to accelerate along with IT metrics on all fronts, innovation, education and collaboration will be instrumental in preparing the workforce of tomorrow. The certification and training updates, along with the new specialist certifications being announced today, are designed to enable IT personnel to both add value to their skillsets and drive business value for their employers, helping eliminate the skills gap while preparing today's workforce for tomorrow's job roles."
- For more detailed information, including exam topics, please visit: http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/landing/outcomes.html
- Cisco Press has a complete and comprehensive suite of official learning solutions for the new CCNP Routing & Switching exams. New products include Foundation Learning and Official Certification Guides, Premium eBook & Practice Tests, Video Tutorials, Libraries, Exam Practice Packs, and Portable Command Guides. Visit http://ciscopress.com/ccnp
Social Media Destinations:
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/learningatcisco
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cisco-Career-Certifications/111552132193668
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=3443017
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/cisco
- RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/rss-feeds
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jan. 19, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 6,095
"Tintri was started in 2008 with the express purpose of building a storage appliance that is ideal for virtualized environments. We support a lot of different hypervisor platforms from VMware to OpenStack to Hyper-V," explained Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 19, 2017 12:45 AM EST Reads: 4,687
The security needs of IoT environments require a strong, proven approach to maintain security, trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vic...
Jan. 18, 2017 09:45 PM EST Reads: 6,516
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it m...
Jan. 18, 2017 09:30 PM EST Reads: 5,747
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Jan. 18, 2017 09:30 PM EST Reads: 7,635
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Jan. 18, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 3,151
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus o...
Jan. 18, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 4,201
Big Data engines are powering a lot of service businesses right now. Data is collected from users from wearable technologies, web behaviors, purchase behavior as well as several arbitrary data points we’d never think of. The demand for faster and bigger engines to crunch and serve up the data to services is growing exponentially. You see a LOT of correlation between “Cloud” and “Big Data” but on Big Data and “Hybrid,” where hybrid hosting is the sanest approach to the Big Data Infrastructure pro...
Jan. 18, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 4,891
In his General Session at 16th Cloud Expo, David Shacochis, host of The Hybrid IT Files podcast and Vice President at CenturyLink, investigated three key trends of the “gigabit economy" though the story of a Fortune 500 communications company in transformation. Narrating how multi-modal hybrid IT, service automation, and agile delivery all intersect, he will cover the role of storytelling and empathy in achieving strategic alignment between the enterprise and its information technology.
Jan. 18, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 4,601
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists peeled away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud enviro...
Jan. 18, 2017 04:30 PM EST Reads: 4,808
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 18, 2017 03:30 PM EST Reads: 3,699
"LinearHub provides smart video conferencing, which is the Roundee service, and we archive all the video conferences and we also provide the transcript," stated Sunghyuk Kim, CEO of LinearHub, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 18, 2017 02:45 PM EST Reads: 1,600
Things are changing so quickly in IoT that it would take a wizard to predict which ecosystem will gain the most traction. In order for IoT to reach its potential, smart devices must be able to work together. Today, there are a slew of interoperability standards being promoted by big names to make this happen: HomeKit, Brillo and Alljoyn. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Adam Justice, vice president and general manager of Grid Connect, will review what happens when smart devices don’t work togethe...
Jan. 18, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 423
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 18, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 5,114
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 18, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 5,620
Discover top technologies and tools all under one roof at April 24–28, 2017, at the Westin San Diego in San Diego, CA. Explore the Mobile Dev + Test and IoT Dev + Test Expo and enjoy all of these unique opportunities: The latest solutions, technologies, and tools in mobile or IoT software development and testing. Meet one-on-one with representatives from some of today's most innovative organizations
Jan. 18, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 1,559
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Jan. 18, 2017 12:00 PM EST Reads: 4,242
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and E...
Jan. 18, 2017 12:00 PM EST Reads: 5,778
SYS-CON Events announced today that Linux Academy, the foremost online Linux and cloud training platform and community, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. Industry leaders in quality training, provided services, and student certification passes, its goal is to c...
Jan. 18, 2017 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,970
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Jan. 18, 2017 10:30 AM EST Reads: 3,128